Where In The World Is Minister Vulturret?

HEM

former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his

"Where In The World Is Minister Vulturret?"
HEM
Editor-In-Chief

Yesterday ENN started an article series analyzing the promises Cabinet Ministers made before the Senate, and how many have so far been achieved. The relatively poor performance of Culture Minister Vulturret—who has failed to fully achieve any of his five stated goals—led us to start digging a little deeper into his performance this term. Very little has been said by the Minister, who has posted only a single thread in the Culture department forum during the whole term (that one thread is the unfinished guide to the Weekend Game scoreboard).

ENN spoke to two high-placed government officials in the Drexlore Administration, both of whom confirmed that Vulturret has been a scarce sight in the halls of the Europeian Cabinet Building. One of the officials claimed that some cultural duties were being parsed out to other officials as to avoid burning out his deputies.

More alarmingly, Minister Vulturret has apparently been telling Administration officials that he has been spending all his time "working on an admin conference" yet apparently, as of publishing time, no Europeian administrators have confirmed any communications with Vulturret about his endeavor, leading to questions about how much work he could truly be investing in that pursuit.

When questioned about his activity in EuroChat this week, Vulturret has said he's been busy in RL.

When asked for comment, Vice President Sopo told ENN: "It is my hope that, one way or another, we are back on track as soon as possible."

##​

Everyone gets busy with IRL-- we've all been there so it's understandable. There have been lots of times where people feel so overwhelmed that they just don't come around as much, too. And that's ok! There's no shame in being overwhelmed with some of the jobs we have in this game-- but the important part is talking to your Deputies and the President/Vice President to let them know how you're doing, and communicating to ensure things still get done within the Ministry. It's also important to know that it's okay to throw in the towel sometimes! There's no harm in saying "Yeah, I gave it a shot, but this is rough."-- no one will hold it against you.

Obviously, that not may be entirely what's happened but, I hope this gets sorted out one way or another!

There's no shame in needing to step down and Europeia is a kind community who understands this kind of thing. IRL always comes first.

Firstly, allow me to apologize to the Europeian people for my sheer nonperformance this term. My level of time spent on NationStates in general (not just Europeia) just isn't proportionate to the large number of positions I hold in Europeia and abroad, which are all critical to the performance of those regions. During the term of President Deepest House, I was able to spend a lot more time on NationStates and Europeia which I thoroughly enjoyed. Unfortunately, there's been a large combination of factors over the last five weeks or so which have made it wholly impossible for me to produce an adequate level of time to fulfill the responsibilities of the offices which I hold.

Secondly, I should note that my level of activity has certainly not been of my own choice. My level of commitment to Europeian institutions, government, and politics is unwavering and constant. However unfortunate, though, I've been having to increase my level of focus on my real-life goals, because as much as I do care about Europeia, I've come to the stark realization that this is a game.

Thirdly, I do think I will be able to increase my activity levels to something reasonable for the positions I hold. I'd agree with Sopo that we are looking to get back on track, and I'd like to thank all the officials in the Administration and my Deputy Minister, Rachael, for all the support they've provided. I truly want to succeed for the sake of Europeia, and the lack of activity has been primarily due to circumstances beyond my control, which I sincerely apologize for. Thank you for your understanding.

However unfortunate, though, I've been having to increase my level of focus on my real-life goals, because as much as I do care about Europeia, I've come to the stark realization that this is a game.

If this is the case, why have you not communicated your absence or set up some kind of plan for your deputies to pursue in your absence?

There's a very strong argument that with the forum move, there has never been a more pivotal time for the Culture Ministry to help spark activity on our new boards. That has been conspicuously absent.

While I would never suggest putting a game before real life, we do need to trust that our officials will have the foresight and judgement to either (1) delegate or (2) respectfully step aside when they can't fulfill their duties. To be direct, I'm not confident in your ability to do that.

With due respect to the Minister when your lack of activity is so great that the Ministry is not able to continue its functions but merely limp along it is time to reassess your position within it.

Back