Talking From the Heart

Talking from the Heart
in the Ministry of Radio

Written by Kuramia

I wrote an article in 2017 titled Mixlr: Europeia's Heart. In it, I spoke of the history of our radio broadcasting, highlighting the comedic, the political, and the just plain zany. As an opening statement, I made the story-title relationship quite clear. I shall repeat what I put there again because it is still relevant today:
Mixlr has become the true heart of Europeia, revealing its dark and zany sense of humor, twisted and fervent opinions, and the most positive and negative of commentary that is sometimes lost on Europeia's forums.

I can repeat that because Mixlr is still Europeia's heart. Like a heart, it is an indicator of the health of the region as a whole. The steady thrum of its beat is heard every week, exposing the personalities and quirks of our region's members, acting as a source of media that is personalized, that makes the listener feel closer than words on a screen can. After listening to someone on the radio, you see their typed words and hear their voice attached to them. The subtle shifts in intonation: a slight sardonic twist, a dire tone of warning, or a notes of warmth have more weight when the voice speaking them is one you've heard before.

Lately I've noticed an exciting trend with Europeia's Mixlr broadcasts, specifically the ones done live that are political in nature. They are making an impact.

Many times a broadcast is planned days ahead of time before something exciting happens that becomes the topic of the show. Most of the time it's been unexpected and "breaking news" that occurs right before a show goes live. Sometimes it has been an immersive experience as the deejays include the listeners in their discussion.

These conversations are creating real change and engineering ideas in Europeia. I have been a silent host and a deejay on these exchanges. Engaging the listeners of a radio broadcast not only makes a listener feel heard, it also encourages participation in the region, something Europeia is struggling to overcome an apathy towards.

Radio does not need to be a ministry to be active, to produce content, or to enact change and interest in the region. It does need people, and I encourage you to join radio. Europeia needs to remind its citizens that we're people with personality and a passion for the region. Whether you are a silent participant or literally speaking up, the Ministry of Radio has a place for you to become the heartbeat of Europeia.

Mixlr: Europeia's Heart

Love this!! Seriously, radio is so fun -- everyone should try it!

A fantastic article Kuramia! Radio defiantly adds more depth to regional discussion.

a beautiful article
Mucho Grande. (idek what this means but it sounds good)
And if my Spanish is correct (it could well not!) that means "very big." :p

Back