Smokin' Poll

modernsin said:
Anyway, with a fair few complaints about Senate activity and engagement recently (made all the more acute by the Rise of the CA since the Mousetatorship), I agree that candidates' level of vision and overall commitment will be a big factor in the upcoming standby. These qualities are, more or less, always important, to be sure. But if we have a large enough turnout vying for this one seat - and I think we will - the big question on most voters' minds will likely be, "What can _____ do to help revitalize the Senate in the remainder of the term?"
Mwahaha ... Mousetatorship. Yes. I love that it has "tator" in it, which reminds me of my beloved potatoes. ^_^

I look forward to seeing who runs in the by-election however, and I hope that we will have a full field, which will speak well for the future Senate election in another month-ish.

Rach said:
Dr. Yuri Razhtigr said:
I'm looking forward to the next Senate race, I think it will bring back a lot of experienced members. I'm also concerned that this could be my first and last term as a Senator given the likely field of the next race.

:ph43r:
Nah. I think if you ran again you should get in. You're pretty popular and cool.
This.

Seriously, you underestimate the respect people have for reelection candidates who have a consistent record of thoughtfulness and activity.

It's not so much underestimate, more lack of experience/knowledge. I've only been here for one full presidential cycle, barely. I think I joined a couple days after Anumia was elected, so I really have no experience to draw upon.

Dr. Yuri Razhtigr said:
It's not so much underestimate, more lack of experience/knowledge. I've only been here for one full presidential cycle, barely. I think I joined a couple days after Anumia was elected, so I really have no experience to draw upon.
If you throw enough shit at the wall, some of it's bound to stick. I also think you're doing just fine.

CSP: I truly appreciate the positive comments in my summary, and I certainly hope to return to the Senate at some point, but I am unlikely to stand in the upcoming special election.

Yuri: You've been doing a fine job, and I think the people will respect that come the next general election.

Back