Senate Poll Results - A Bloody Battle It Will Be

Lime

Lime Green At Last
Associate Justice
Senator
Cabinet
Deputy Minister
Citizen
Sorry this is out late. I've been too busy and I still am too busy to produce processed data or provide analysis. So I'm afraid you'll just have to deal with unprocessed data.

How would you rate Speaker Rand's performance this term?

1 - 1
2 - 1
3 - 4
4 - 1
5 - 0
6 - 2
7 - 3
8 - 1
9 - 0
10 - 0

Mean - 4.6

Comments:

His conduct is... unprofessional in some cases, and certainly indecorous in others.
He really needs to learn what is worth arguing about and what isn't
Contrarian. Sloppy.

How would Senator Drecq's performance this term?

1 - 1
2 - 0
3 - 1
4 - 0
5 - 1
6 - 2
7 - 0
8 - 2
9 - 6
10 - 0

Mean - 7

Comments:

Impressive performance, as expected.
Can we just make him Senator Emeritus forever and ever?

How would you rate Senator Kaboom's performance this term?

1 - 0
2 - 0
3 - 3
4 - 0
5 - 2
6 - 4
7 - 3
8 - 0
9 - 0
10 - 1

Mean - 5.7

Comments:

Not much activity from him, except for a proposal that ended up getting tabled
In a poor Senate, he looks good. In a good Senate, he looks mediocre. He's learning, though.

How would you rate Senator Malashaan's performance this term?

1 - 0
2 - 0
3 - 2
4 - 0
5 - 1
6 - 1
7 - 1
8 - 2
9 - 2
10 - 5

Mean - 8.3

Comments:

Mal always gets a 10. *always*
I expected the best and I got better
Dude... it's Malashaan.

How would you rate Senator Pichtonia's performance this term?

1 - 0
2 - 1
3 - 2
4 - 1
5 -1
6 - 5
7 - 2
8 - 0
9 - 0
10 - 1

Mean - 5.5

Comments:

Ok, would likely re-elect, but activity dropped drastically in the last few weeks.
MIA for most of the discussion, then he sweeps in at the eleventh hour to take issue with one of the core tenets of a large piece of legislation. A fine example of what NOT to do.

How would you rate Senator Trinnien's performance this term?

1 - 1
2 - 0
3 - 1
4 - 1
5 - 1
6 - 2
7 - 2
8 - 4
9 - 1
10 - 0

Mean - 6.2

Comments:

Trinn, Mal, and Drecq helped the Senate climb out of what was nearly a disaster
Trinnien's doing pretty well, as we would expect. He's outshone by Drecq and Malashaan, but who isn't?

How would you rate Senator United Vietussia's performance this term?

1 - 0
2 - 0
3 - 2
4 - 3
5 - 3
6 - 3
7 - 0
8 -0
9 -0
10 - 2

Mean - 5.5

Comments:

Just not seeing much from him.
Very little activity, but has picked up recently
UV is a Senator?

How would you rate this Senate's performance as a whole?

1 - 0
2 - 1
3 - 0
4 - 0
5 - 2
6 - 3
7 - 5
8 - 2
9 - 0
10 - 0

Mean - 6.2

Comments:

The drama at the start caused some trouble, it was stabilized half way through but nothing major happened. Which in the case was probably the best case.
Not a lot being discussed, but not really a lot to do.
Only 1/2 of the Senate has made any contributions. Impressive performance(minus Rand) by the ones that contributed, but severely lacking from the rest.
I don't have a lot to compare it to, but it's certainly a lot better than when it started.

Would you re-elect Rand?

Yes - 3 or 23.1%
No - 8 or 61.5%
Don't Know - 2 or 15.4%

Would you re-elect Drecq?

Yes - 8 or 61.5%
No - 2 or 15.4%
Don't Know - 3 or 23.1%

Would you re-elect Kaboom?

Yes - 4 or 30.8%
No - 4 or 30.8%
Don't Know - 5 or 38.5%

Would you re-elect Malashaan?

Yes - 8 or 61.5%
No - 1 or 7.7%
Don't Know - 4 or 30.8%

Would you re-elect Pichtonia?

Yes - 3 or 23.1%
No - 7 or 53.8%
Don't Know - 3 or 23.1%

Would you re-elect Trinnien?

Yes - 5 or 38.5%
No - 3 or 23.1%
Don't Know - 5 or 38.5%

Would you re-elect United Vietussia?

Yes - 2 or 15.4%
No - 9 or 69.2%
Don't Know - 2 or 15.4%

Which sitting Senator(s) would you like to see run?

Rand - 3
Drecq - 8
Kaboom - 3
Malashann - 8
Pichtonia - 2
Trinnien - 3
United Vietussia - 1

Which non-sitting Senator(s) would you like to see run?

Leo Draken - 4
Punchwood - 1
Dracness - 6
HEM - 1
Kuramia - 1
Notolecta - 1
Calvin - 2
Cat - 2
Grizzli - 2
Cerian - 4
CSP - 1
Hyanygo - 2
Vorholla - 1
Cpt Carrot - 1
Skizzy Grey - 2
Mousebumples - 1
Lots - 1

Who out of the following would you elect?

Calvin - 8 (61.5%)
JayDee - 3 (23.1%)
Leo Draken - 6 (46.2%)
Cerian - 6 (46.2%)
Dracness - 9 (69.2%)
Noto - 6 (46.2%)
Punchwood - 2 (15.4%)
Kuramia - 4 (30.8%)
Rand - 4 (30.8%)
Drecq - 9 (69.2%)
Kaboom - 3 (23.1%)
Malashann - 9 (69.2%)
Pichtonia - 4 (30.8%)
Trinnien - 6 (46.2%)
United Vietussia - 2 (15.4%)

I did better than I expected, woot.

Also largely not surprised by the poll results, though it looks like we won't have a Senate that looks much like the one we have, if these poll numbers are indicative.

@CSP: Does any Europeian poll ever have enough respondents for statistical significance though? The number of citizens who will take a poll is always a lot less than the number who will vote in the end.

EDIT: And we don't have enough of a population that a representative sample can really be picked, I'd say, compared to IRl countries.

Common-Sense Politics said:
You don't have enough respondents for this to mean anything.
I'd be saying that's the best number personally. It's enough to get the general picture but not enough so that you know for a certain who will win. Plus real polls only ask like 1,000 people yet there are 65 million people in the UK and they are usually accurate so I don't agree with you I'm afraid. I think this will closely match Leo's as well.

Punchwood said:
I'd be saying that's the best number personally. It's enough to get the general picture but not enough so that you know for a certain who will win. Plus real polls only ask like 1,000 people yet there are 65 million people in the UK and they are usually accurate so I don't agree with you I'm afraid. I think this will closely match Leo's as well.
You could say that but you'd be wrong.

Dracness FTW! Or Leo Draken! I hope your respondents knew who you were talking about :D . But apart from this, interesting....

Punchwood said:
In survey research, there is a diminishing response compared to the population size. A survey of roughly 1000 people is about as accurate as you are going to get (in terms of error %) as anything else, no matter the population size.

In the case, the margins of error for 95% confidence is about +/- 28%. (assuming a voter population of 50, but even if it was 35 it'd be the same error percentage)

Punchwood said:
You could say that but you'd be wrong.
Don't give any sort of explanations or insight or anything. :emb:

These polls results are interesting, though some are very unsurprising.

How many times am I required to do that in order to avoid your consternation, Lethen? I've made this argument half a dozen times.

How many times am I required to do that in order to avoid your consternation, Lethen? I've made this argument half a dozen times.
And I've made the argument half a dozen times too that your schitck of "Be an asshole, be an asshole, then actually articulate your position" is just that - a schitck.

Cut out the bullshit first two steps, and things will be right in the world. Though saying that now, are you going to dismiss this by calling me a wet blanket and lamenting about how I've changed? :wink:

Lethen said:
And I've made the argument half a dozen times too that your schitck of "Be an asshole, be an asshole, then actually articulate your position" is just that - a schitck.

Cut out the bullshit first two steps, and things will be right in the world. Though saying that now, are you going to dismiss this by calling me a wet blanket and lamenting about how I've changed? :wink:
No, I think you've always been a hypocritical wet blanket.

Eh, I don't think I'm as much a hypocrite as I am someone who has evolved over the years and softened in my NS old age. Plus I'm more apt to call bullshit on everyone involved, not just those outside of my proverbial circles.

*looks at poll*

*does a doubletake*

WTH?

Kuramia said:
*looks at poll*

*does a doubletake*

WTH?
Which part of the poll is making you do a doubletake?

Back