Region Divided On Senate; Aexnidaral Poised To Win Goldenblock

Hyangyo said:
Older members can cut through the reality distortion field and see a poor presidency a mile off.

Found it. And Kuramia is right, we need to start actually giving people a chance rather than just assuming the worst before it's even come.

Luckily for us, I am much too controversial to run uncontested if I ever ran for President. :p

Aexnidaral Seymour said:
Luckily for us, I am much too controversial to run uncontested if I ever ran for President. :p
Are you asking to be haunted by the Ghosts of Europeian Presidential Past? :p

It kind of pisses me off to say "I know they'll be a bad President" or to completely discredit their campaign without ever seeing it. You're letting your own personal feelings get in the way of giving anyone a chance and it's not okay. Dismissing someone's effort completely is insulting and an injustice to our own democracy.

As example, WritingLegend poured hours into his last campaign and the result was thousands upon thousands of words and a detailed view of what he wanted for the future. Yet because he was unopposed, the work he put into it was completely devalued and that's horseshit. We devalued hours upon hours of work, repeatedly, for what? Because a candidate can't manufacturer their own opponent? That's entirely unfair and disappointing, to say the least.

We have actual leadership data for Aex. It is not good enough.

I don't think he will be a great President, in much the same way I won't or Notolecta won't either.

There are at least five people who think this way and for their sakes I have declined to mention them.

hyanygo said:
There are at least five people who think this way and for their sakes I have declined to mention them.
I'm sorry you, and five others, feel this way. I'm sure they feel similarly about other possible candidates, as well.

Having a healthy dose of skepticism helps keep people honest-- and so I'm equally sure that if given the opportunity many of us lumped into that category would exceed expectations. ^_^

hyanygo said:
We have actual leadership data for Aex. It is not good enough.

I don't think he will be a great President, in much the same way I won't or Notolecta won't either.

Since his return, we have two terms of him as a Vice President with no special projects and two terms of him as an Interior Minister during which we experienced a three month growth of 300 nations. We've also seen quite a few terms of him being a fairly decent Senator and Speaker.

I'm not entirely sure where this leadership data that makes him into a shit leader exists but I would certainly like to see it.

Shit is too harsh. Developing is more like it.

One thing I've spotted in the Senate was a mismanagement of time and resources. Things that were not important were given the same weighting as things that were.

I hope that improves, and it's the bulk of my disagreement with Aex. That and he's not in the mould of a typical Euro-conservative.

See, that sort of fair criticism would have been more welcome than the negativity of your panel discussion. Not that we shouldn't have to prod and poke further for better explanations of your position, but the average reader is going to be pretty quick to dismiss your opinions as just that with no sort of explanation or examples to back up your points.

Leadership...data?

Jay, that was terrible. But it was a pun. 10/10

Back