Private Media Article leads Culture Minister to Resign

Private Media Article leads Culture Minister to Resign
Staff Report

(Europeia - June 26, 2018) - The evening of June 25, at 11:02 p.m. EST an independent media outlet, by the name of The Panda's Pen, published an article written by an anonymous author concerning a third party social server. Under 3 hours later the thread had been removed by the admins and a notice was posted at 2:35 am EST, today June 26.

Within those few hours the region’s Discord #Eurochat was ablaze with commentary as the situation unfolded. One merely has to read through the times aforementioned to ascertain exactly what transpired.

The controversy had significant fallout following the publication of the article. Minister of Culture locustofcharon resigned all positions in Europeia and left both the Tomlinson and Europeia Discord servers. The sudden resignation left both the positions of Culture Minister and Deputy Minister of Content in the Ministry of Communications vacant. The latter was filled with up and coming Europeian Johnny Costello per an announcement by the Minister of Communications GraVandius.

With the controversy behind us, the larger search for a new Minister of Culture begins. With two festivals necessary in the current term, Sopo's Ovation and a treaty required one with The East Pacific, it is important this position gets filled quickly. According to EBC sources within Goldenblock, President Deepest House and Vice President Kuramia will make an announcement soon regarding the cabinet-level vacancy.

The Panda's Pen finally posts something newsworthy and doesn't even get a shoutout. Lame. :p Also, is this article outsourcing the reporting to #eurochat? "One merely has to read through the times aforementioned to ascertain exactly what transpired" is a little disappointing, but nice timeliness on the article.

Yeah, it was a balance, I'm sure.

Get it out quick but a little sparse on details and research, or get it out in 2 days with a fully fleshed out backing and quotes, etc.

Calvin Coolidge said:
The Panda's Pen finally posts something newsworthy and doesn't even get a shoutout. Lame. :p Also, is this article outsourcing the reporting to #eurochat? "One merely has to read through the times aforementioned to ascertain exactly what transpired" is a little disappointing, but nice timeliness on the article.
The article is’nt mean to highlight the OOC aspects of the situation as it is an article from the RP government, per the President's decision. The article thus avoids rehashing a situation the admins deems unsuitable to be displayed in another thread at the moment while still pointing those interested in the correct direction to find the information themselves. Additionally, based on your reaction to the alleged threats last night the lack of inclusion of the name of the outlet was intentional. That can be changed if it is your desire.

GraVandius said:
Calvin Coolidge said:
The article is mean't to highlight the OOC aspects of the situation as it is an article from the RP government, per the President's decision. The article thus avoids rehashing a situation the admins deems unsuitable to be displayed in another thread at the moment while still pointing those interested in the correct direction to find the information themselves. Additionally, based on your reaction to the alleged threats last night the lack of inclusion of the name of the outlet was intentional. That can be changed if it is your desire.
My reaction? The threats? I don't care, I own this thing, I knew the risks. :D

I understand all the other stuff by the way, I'm just disappointed all this worked out the way it did, and had to limit this article's effectiveness.

Calvin Coolidge said:
GraVandius said:
Calvin Coolidge said:
The article is mean't to highlight the OOC aspects of the situation as it is an article from the RP government, per the President's decision. The article thus avoids rehashing a situation the admins deems unsuitable to be displayed in another thread at the moment while still pointing those interested in the correct direction to find the information themselves. Additionally, based on your reaction to the alleged threats last night the lack of inclusion of the name of the outlet was intentional. That can be changed if it is your desire.
My reaction? The threats? I don't care, I own this thing, I knew the risks. :D

I understand all the other stuff by the way, I'm just disappointed all this worked out the way it did, and had to limit this article's effectiveness.
It's ok. I still credit you for my second vote in the CA election. We all know I ran for Panda rights. Lol

But on the real note I didn't notice Lo ragequit on us. That's brutal. Rip

Back