Picture of the Day

Caption: The HMS St. Vincent stands ready to be reviewed by King George V during the Coronation Fleet Review of 1911.

Aditya Republic said:
Olde Delaware said:

Caption: Indian Army Snipers training in Russia during bilateral maneuvers
Is this what u call a ghillie suit? Also, can you pls say the name of the exercise if possible?
Looks like it is a standard issue Indian Army ghillie suit, as for the exercise I'm 99% sure its Indra 2017

Caption: A French soldier sits atop an AMX-56 LeClerc MBT and next to an M2HB Browning .50 caliber machine gun.

Caption: A Chinese Air Force J-31 Shenyang lifts off during the 2014 Zhuhai Air Show

Olde Delaware said:

Caption: A Chinese Air Force J-31 Shenyang lifts off during the 2014 Zhuhai Air Show
How would Chinese arms be rated? Are they of poor quality like Chinese toys? Or are they just a copy of Russian arms?

Aditya Republic said:
Olde Delaware said:

How would Chinese arms be rated? Are they of poor quality like Chinese toys? Or are they just a copy of Russian arms?
Some stuff is still old, but their beginning to modernize and some of the modern stuff is worth taking a long look at.

Caption: The US Coast Guard's National Security Cutters, Bertholf and Waesche during their transit together on the waters off the coast of Southern California.

Caption: A U.S. Coast Guard HH-60 Jayhawk rescues a survivor in New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina

Aditya Republic said:
There's no image
It shows up for me

Edit: Even though it shows up for me, at least the old one did, I went ahead and changed it to a bigger resolution and a different site host.

Caption: The USCGC Eagle sails under the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, CA.

Caption: A Wehrmacht Panzerkampfwagen IV sits destroyed in front of the Church of Foy after the town was liberated by E Company, 506th PIR 101st Airborne on this date, 1945.

Caption: A U.S. Marine Corps AAV-P7 approaches the rear of a Wasp Class Amphibious Assault Ship

Back