Picture of the Day

Caption: Mongolian Army soldiers salute while their nation's flag waves in the breeze at the Transit Center. The soldiers stayed at Manas for several days before moving forward to Afghanistan is support of Operation Enduring Freedom.

Caption: A U.S. Air Force AC-130 'Spooky' flies a training mission in this undated photo.

A little bit of both, sometimes I'll be reading an article and take the picture from the article I'm reading.

Olde Delaware said:

Caption: A Delaware Air National Guard C-130 taxis to the flight line.
Well, I don't get it. What is the difference between the National Guard and Air Force? In India, Air Force operates most of the aircraft.

National Guard are part-time reservists, Air Force are full time professional soldiers.

Caption: Colonel Frank Borman (USAF), Captain Jim Lovell (USN) and Lt. Colonel William 'Bill' Anders' become the first humans to orbit the Moon on Apollo 8 where they took this photo, Earthrise. On this date, 1968.

Caption: General Dwight D. Eisenhower, pictured here is appointed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt as Supreme Commander of all Allied forces, on this date 1943.

Caption: British and German troops on the front lines share in a soccer game in what later becomes known as 'The Christmas Truce' on this date, 1914.

Aditya Republic said:
It seems to be a rare photo
I haven't been able to figure out if its been re-staged as in modern people but taken with either a period camera or modern camera and had photoshopping done or if it is a legit picture. But I liked it better than the other options

Back