Organization for Independent Media

Sopo

If specified, this will replace the title that dis
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello all!

Some have noted a recent decline in private media. Stepping back from MinComm this term (having imparted all my wisdom on Calvin), I am looking to establish the Organization for Independent Media (OIM). The goal of the OIM is to allow cooperation between media outlets by providing a forum for discussion. Members of OIM will be able to seek assistance for current projects from other members or suggest opportunities for outlets to collaborate on important issues (ex. multiple outlets simultaneously reporting on the same issue) to better serve the Europeian public. The OIM will also pair interested newbies with outlets seeking support to groom the next generation of Europeian journalists. If successful, the OIM can further evolve into other roles supporting private media.

tl;dr: the OIM will increase communication between outlets, fostering a healthily competitive spirit among media outlets and allowing for increased collaboration.

If you are interested, just post here. This will be for hard news focused on Europeia or NS in general, so RL-based outlets will not be included.

MSF said:
Sounds a little like the thing Elias once proposed that Zenny got so mad about like a year ago. :p
The one where she write that 'article' :baghead:

MSF said:
Sounds a little like the thing Elias once proposed that Zenny got so mad about like a year ago. :p
So it's a good idea then. :ph43r:

Kraketopia said:
I'm not sure how it could hurt.
Detracting from serious journalism? :ph43r: :ph43r: :ph43r: :ph43r: :ph43r:

:p:

MSF said:
No, I'm convinced it was to be used to attack Caesar's administration. I was asked to write the article, and so I did.

That and he basically just wanted a vehicle to attack the EBC and to push for his paper to get put into official dispatches. It was never about actually helping private media outlets.

This looks good though, Sopo. :)

So... Sopo idea good? Make help?

Back