October Pre-Standing Presidential Poll Analysis

Calvin Coolidge

Spellcaster
Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Welcome back to my paper, I hope you are excited to read some results, because we've got a lot of them. This poll was open between October 24-26, and received twenty-one responses. Thank you all for participating, and thanks to Seven Deaths for helping out with the analysis. And now, here's the results:

President Writinglegend
Average: 8.06
Mode: 9 and 8

People clearly liked what they saw this term from their President, with many citing his effective leadership of his Cabinet as a plus, earning him the highest approval ratings in the Executive. The only compliant came from some who thought he should have been a little more active.
  • WL has done a great job this term. Many of the complains lobbed at him over his last terms have been nearly course corrected. People used to give him shit for not replacing Cabinet members and look at how deftly he does that now.
  • We've had success across the board and President WL has been an obvious leader and contributing factor to this. He's done a great job this term.
  • Extraordinarily solid work
  • Was okay, didn't seem like he personally did much.
  • Pretty great. Nice job on coming up with the new Radio Ministry!
  • Just a terrific president, did a very good job this term.
  • WL is effective at leading his Cabinet and a great role model for other Europeians to look up to, both features of an excellent President. The term so far has been remarkably successful and I'd vote for him again. I gave 9 out of 10 not because there's anything specific I thought could be done better but simply because nobody's perfect.
  • Good!
  • Being a still quite new member (especially compared to how old Europeia is) I can't really say much about this Administration compared to others. That being said, the Universal Membership Act making, which automatically places all Citizens into the CA was revolutionary and a big step forward for our Region under WL.
  • Writinglegend has led his staff to new heights this term. They've accomplished a lot.

Vice President Aexnidaral Seymour
Average: 6.12
Mode: 7
While it seems people had nothing but good things to say about WL, his VP Aex had a much different story. That’s not to say that he was disliked, but there were certainly more mixed feelings about his term. Many were quick to point out that while he was visible, he hadn’t really much to show for it. They asked why he hadn’t been helping out in Ministries or the CSO, while others simply stated he was doing well. While he may have done much better behind the scenes, his public work didn’t seem to garner him a lot of favor with the populace.
  • I think Aex has done a great job so far. There's not much to say, particularly. He's been active and present but seems to be slightly toned down from his usual boisterous self. People gave him shit for the register to vote thing but they were just being assholes about it. My favorite criticism lobbed was the one about abusing the dignity of the office of Vice President or something like that. Truly and absolutely just nonsense. There are some who wait to peg him to the wall for anything they perceive as a misstep. Sometimes you people need to learn to pick your battles.
  • Work on the CSO has been good, but how much of that has Aex done? It seems more like Rand and Rylian have been doing the heavy lifting there. Aside from the CSO, I can't really think of anything Aex has done.
  • Very good for a VP
  • Could have been better.
  • Aex has easily been one of the most visible VPs that I've seen in my time in the region, assisting the entire Cabinet at various levels. I expected this since he's always been an approachable person that even will go out of his way to reach out to somebody who's having a problem. I'm definitely proud of his accomplishments this term on both a personal level and as a Europeian citizen.
  • Aexy is doing well ^_^
  • Again, I didn't see much. VP has always been a thankless job, even in the real world. Europeia is, unsurprisingly, no different. While I heard much from WL, I rarely heard from Aex, even if he was very important behind the scenes. However, I have seen his contributions to the passing of many ordinances and has used a big voice in discussions.
  • Aex doesn't really seem to do much at all. In his midterm speech he only talked about the CSO, and aren't Rand and Rylian in charge of that? Why hasn't Aex been helping in the Ministries at all? I hope Writinglegend replaces him on the ticket if he runs for a second term.

Foreign Affairs Minister Brunhilde
Average: 7.42
Mode: 10
The very clear takeaway from this poll is just how amazing everyone thinks Brun is. CAIN has been and will continue to be a massive success that brings much needed attention to Europeia for a long while to come. Her average approval in this poll wasn’t the highest, but it was one of the higher marks and she definitely pulls the trophy for highest overall mode. Only a couple voiced anything that could have been considered negative as they questioned whether FA could or should have attempted work on something besides CAIN.
  • Brunhilde is best Hilde. Without a doubt her term as MoFA will go down in the annals of our history as one of the better and most surprisingly adept MOFA's.
  • CAIN was a huge amount of work and a tremendous success.
  • CAIN was a massive success for the region, and Brunhilde was a big part of that. I'm not sure if much else got done though, training seems to have fallen by the wayside.
  • Absolutely astonishing
  • The shining star of the executive as usual. Although since 90% of the things the executive claims as its accomplishments are done by her, why shouldn't she just be president?
  • Amazeballs. CAIN is the biggest event I have seen come out of Europeia, and I can't praise Brun and her team enough for putting it together.
  • Brun once again has excelled at her position in FA.
  • CAIN was a huge undertaking that we should all be proud of Brun for her immense work on it.
  • She's put together the biggest thing in modern NS politics and put Europeia center stage, in my opinion. Her work this term will have long-lasting effects down the road that will shape our region and NS as a whole for the better.
  • brunbrun<3
  • If it weren't for CAIN, Brun's would be an 8 just like most. However the CAIN, and her major contribution to it, gives her the wow factor I'm looking for in a 10. As MoFA your contribution to the world stage is important. Under Brun, the largest gathering of regions against a single ideology was formed. She was able to organize and event condemning the evil ways of Nazi regions and Nazism in the real world. She is and will remain an important figure in the progress of Europeia.
  • CAIN was obviously a big achievement, but I'm pretty sure FA was supposed to accomplish other things this term. Brun would do better to focus on more than one thing at a time.

Interior Minister Rand
Average: 6.26
Mode: 7 and 5
The comments were not kind to Rand, as many felt like Interior was okay at best, and mediocre at worst. Recruiterball was seen as a highlight, as well as the increase in nations, but many felt that his personal performance left a lot to be desired in terms of participation.
  • Interior really on acomplished one or two campaign promises and everything else was lackluster.
  • Very solid performance. Lots of new citizens. Lots of recruitment.
  • I don't recruit at all so I haven't seen his participation, but RecruiterBall looks popular.
  • Average.
  • Recruitment was good this term and not just from the Reddit boom.
  • Maybe it's because I'm not a newcomer but I haven't seen much of Rand's work this term. I honestly forgot he was Interior Minister. Does he still do the CSO?
  • Rand is loathsome but he is doing well as Interior. I hope people give him a continued chance even if he is not the most popular person
  • When I first joined, Europeia had a population of about 1,300 nations. Whether this is a lot or not, under Rand, that number has greatly increased to now 1.700 nations.
  • Rand hasn't had a bad term, but it's been pretty bland.

Culture Minister Calvin Coolidge
Average: 7.47
Mode: 9, 8, and 7
The Panda strikes back with high marks in this poll with a high mode and high average. With Culture, it’s always difficult to point to one thing and say that was his mark of a successful term. As is noted in a lot of these comments, Culture has been doing a lot of work keeping up with old projects and starting new ones. Overall, people seem happy with his work while noting Calvin’s wide breadth of responsibility and wishing he’d put more effort into some things than he did.
  • Pretty good.
  • Survivor is a fun time and there's always so much going on behind the scenes.
  • Calvin's done a great job so far at running cultural events and trying to foster a deeper culture in Europeia, through such measures as re-invigorating the Go Club.
  • Slow start, but good delegation and very nice work recently.
  • Not seeing too much outside of the status quo coming from Culture.
  • Excellent job organizing the RPs and the Go and Chess clubs as well.
  • Calvin's work is great but I feel he's spreading a bit too thin sometimes. Not only is there a lot going on in Culture, he has other responsibilities as well. The festival with Equilism and TWP should've received more of his focus than it did due to other projects.
  • pretty decent
  • Culture has put out a lot of stuff this term. Kudos to Calvin for keeping up.

Communications Minister Pichtonia
Average: 7.68
Mode: 9
Pichto received a lot of praise for his work this term, with many citing his personal acitivity and the EBC’s article output as highlights of the term. While some wished there was more consistency in other Communication areas, he still ends up with the second-highest score in the Executive.
  • Really good work from pichto
  • Absolutely phenomenal job as MinnComms. He pumps out an interesting article a week.
  • Upwards of ten articles and lots of managing behind the scenes. Great job.
  • Pichto has done a good job so far.
  • Very good work with articles, but nothing flashy otherwise.
  • Lots of good articles being pumped out.
  • Many new articles including a new writer this term. A very good performance.
  • Pichto is easily one of the most publicly visible Ministers this term, which is a vital requirement for MinComm, in my opinion. It's clear how much work he puts into his own Ministry and he's even there to help other Ministries as well, always a good thing. The only thing I can remotely complain about is the clickbait article titles.
  • He has been all over the place sometimes but over all he has done good I would say that i have bene surprised by pichtos progress. The articles he has managed to get out are pretty fun to read not just boring fluff.
  • Lots of articles coming out of Comm, I like it.

Former Attorney General Notolecta
Average: 4.68
Mode: 5
It would seem Writinglegend made the right decision to replace Noto. He received a lot of criticism for his visibility and his work on the Mock Trial, though there were some that were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt when it came to behind the scenes work, he still earned the lowest score in the Executive by a large margin.
  • Didn't do much to get a grade.
  • Didn't see much of him and he resigned mid way throuhg.
  • Noto wasn't really around that much.
  • Writinglegend said Notolecta worked well, at least.
  • Didn't see much of him
  • I've rated Noto in this way because not only is the AG very quiet as far as the public is concerned, he also resigned so there's nothing I can really judge him off of.
  • Did nothing
  • The Mock Trial really fell though this term, and I have to blame Noto for that.

Grand Admiral Kraketopia
Average: 6.33
Mode: 7
Kraken brought home one of the lower averages and a mode that was more middle of the pack than some. Many people remarked that the ERN seemed a little quiet this term while others claimed things went along at a fairly steady pace. We can definitely look at this data and determine that people wish Kraken had been a little more active than he was.
  • He definitely took on too many positions this term.
  • Ops have been steady and Kraken continues to lead the ERN with his standard swagger.
  • Solid, maybe we're just a little spoiled from last term.
  • Could have done more ops.
  • Pretty good. Great that he restarted the Seminar, and the recent joint op was awesome too.
  • Performed very well this term led the ERN superbly.
  • I don't feel that we've had as frequent of operations this term as we were promised in the beginning and that can partly be attributed to several LoAs on Kraken's part. When absent, WL has had to take command and it brings forth the question, why even bother with Kraken's nomination? However, when he is present, missions are a great success and I'm sure he must also play an important role in training new recruits.
  • Hard to hold a candle to WL as GA
  • A good number of operations, and training make this a good term for Kraken and the ERN.

Former Radio Minister Cpt.Carrot
Average: 7.28
Mode: 9, 8, and 6
It’s hard to say people didn’t appreciate the hard work Carrot did for this ministry while he ran it. A high average shows that he was generally well liked. Aside from the few that Mixlr didn’t particularly appeal to, it appears that most are going to miss Carrot, but he will live on in those he trained to host.
  • Lots of radio fun! Very engaging! Looking forward to see if Cat can keep up.
  • Carrot was a driving force for regular Radio shows, and he had a great impact upon his portfolio.
  • Good shows while he was at it, happy to see he trained new hosts like Rand or Cat.
  • I don't care about mixlr, however Carrot was out there grinding constantly.
  • Though I can't be a part of Radio myself due to mic limitations, I appreciate the work Carrot has done to invite more discussion among ourselves.
  • Actually got me to listen and even participate in a couple broadcasts so he did wonderfully.
  • Aside from the occasional thing taking a long time to get on the showreel, I think Carrot's performance was fantastic. He kept our Mixlr up and running, serving as a capable host that can manage guests and make the radio a fun experience for everyone involved. Sad to see him go.
  • Sad to see him go
  • I have only recently gotten into listening to the radio. Even then I'm usually not around when it's on air. However Carrot's shows are always fun to listen to and a great way to get involved in Europeia without doing the work.
  • A great start for this Ministry, well run by Carrot.

World Assembly Minister Malashaan
Average: 5.7
Mode: 5
The respondents in this poll seemed split on whether to blame Mal or the Ministry for their disappointment this term, but either way, they were unimpressed by this new Ministry. Many comments noted that they didn’t understand the practicality of this Ministry, and that Mal should have been more visible, though there were a few willing to give him the benefit of the doubt when it came to behind the scenes work.
  • Haven't really seen much of him. Why do we have a WA Ministry AND a WAD?
  • Mal is always awesome, although he seemed a little withdrawn this term.
  • The big accomplishment of his term was defeating the commendation of Benevolent Thomas; the delegate of Lazarus and First Warden of The Grey Wardens, a person we have being trying very hard to cooperate with since, oops. Not only that, but The North Pacific stomped against the resolution so it was guaranteed to fail, no coordination needed.
  • Could have seen more from him but he did perform many behind the scenes things.
  • What has Mal done in this position?
  • I forgot Mal exists.
  • I simply am not sure what was accomplished in this area this term.

Overall Executive
Average: 7.63
Mode: 8
Most respondents seemed to agree that this was a good term, with the consensus seeming to say that this term had its highs and lows, but the highs definitely outweighed the lows.
  • There were a bunch of positives combined with a bunch of negitives, kinda evened out unto a mediocre term. Really hope we see more cannidates this election.
  • Very high, very active term.
  • This has been a very strong Cabinet, under very strong leadership. All around great growth for Euro, and a step in the right direction.
  • A great term full of wonderful and productive people.
  • Decent highs, some lows, a few middlings. Pretty decent overall.
  • Again I must say, I am still quite new. Looking into our history however, I have never seen anyone more qualified than these people to run our government. They have contributed greatly to this region even before their ascension into their respective office. While there might be many out there who are better, WL and his government did a great job. Even better considering the slight turmoil in Trinnien's abdication. For such a large change of power, I believe this administration handled it very well.
  • I liked the President, FA, Comm, Culture, Radio, and the ERN this term. I didn't like the VP, Interior, AG, or WA. Overall, above average term.
  • Overall I give the administration high marks because I feel like they deserve it. They seem to be doing well

Combined List:

Writinglegend: 8.06
Pichtonia: 7.68
Overall: 7.63
Calvin Coolidge: 7.47
Brunhilde: 7.42
Cpt.Carrot: 7.28
Kraketopia: 6.33
Rand: 6.26
Aexnidaral Seymour: 6.12
Malashaan: 5.7
Notolecta: 4.68

Cabinet Re-Nominations
There’s no real surprises here, the Ministers in trouble for next term seem to be Malashaan and Rand, who also scored very low in approval ratings.

• Rand is doing solid work, but I already feel like it's time for change in the Ministry. Maybe he could do something else. Malashaan is a great member, but seems to have been very busy. Would probably reconfirm if that changed.
    What did Rand do?
    Every one of these people have done wonderfully, at least those that I know of. So I have to up my standards to see who really stepped out and made a mark that I could see. I'm sure all of them have done big things, but these Ministers actually made me feel their presence in office. They were making a difference.
    FA is getting stale, Interior needs a shake-up, Pichto can do better in another Ministry, Rylian isn't a legislative workhorse, the ERN needs a fresh-faced GA soon, and I don't know what to do with WA.

CSO Program Approval
After last term’s big CSO argument, it seems that the public is still split over how to feel about it, but there’s less hostility and more confusion. This seems like something that could be cleared up by the administration with more communication on this front.

Radio Ministry Comments
  • The applicant process is better/more streamlined but I want to know how those individuals are proceeding in their respective choices.
  • It was run wonderfully, though I would have liked to hear some different voices from time to time. I do know that that is more of an availability thing and less of a Minister choice though.
  • Radio has been a big success this term, and it seems WL's Radio Ministry had paid off.
  • More variety would have been better, but that will hopefully come over time.
  • Good for what it was.
  • Great amount of work and shows being produced.
  • Cool idea but limited potential for growth.
  • I only just joined the Radio Ministry. It doesn't seem to have many members, but all of us are passionate about our region and want to make the Radio an even more important part of Europeian culture.
  • A great idea, wonderfully executed. I look forward to its return.

WA Ministry Comments
  • What does it even do that the WAD cannot?
  • I think it's too early to tell whether the WA Ministry is a good or bad idea. I definitely want to give it another term to let it run its course, it's a good idea.
  • Not very efficient so far.
  • I think it's an easy ministry to run because there wasn't much to do. Still waiting for "Commend r3n" which was one of the only tangible things they claimed they were going to do.
  • Not sure we need this, but it was poorly run this time around. I'd like to give it another shot, but get another Minister in there.
  • Oh right I forgot we even have one.

Right Track/Reelect WL
These numbers are very good for Writinglegend, who has overwhelming hypothetical support going into the next election, with nearly every respondent saying that the region is on the right track.

Accomplishment of the Term
  • CAIN
    CAIN no doubt.
    The Universal Membership Act. Something I believe should have been written and passed years ago, but what's done is done.

Disappointment of the Term
  • *shrug*
    The State Dinner
    Lack of a large ERN operation. The NSIA doesn't count, the ERN handed over the lead and operational command to The Invaders/The Red Fleet/Funkadelia.
    The mediocre Culture term.

Surprise of the Term
  • General activity.
    Strong individuals
    That festival came out of nowhere.
    Trinnien stepping down. Trinnien was elected JUST as I joined NS, so s/he was the first true leadership I was exposed to in NS. He seemed very active on the RMB and quite dedicated to the region. His stepping to was quite shocking for me, but WL took power and after a week or two, I barely felt the difference. The transition was so smooth, I was sure this had happened before.

Next Big Issue in the Election
  • Building on the successes of the past term and filling in the potholes of the failures.
    I voted yes about electing WL, but I'm unsure whether he should actually be reelected. The biggest issue will be finding someone to run against him.
    Possibly innovation. Many or most ideas were simply recycled
    The fact that WritingLegend/Seymour are going to run unopposed again.
    CAIN and the consequences of becoming a signatory, as well bringing together the Coalition in general.
    how few people are qualified to challenge this ticket effectively

Potential Presidential Candidates

Top Three: Writinglegend (15), Aexnidaral Seymour (11), Brunhilde (9)

The big winners here are the two residents of the Goldenblock, and the popular Minister of Foreign Affairs. WL and Brun’s inclusion makes sense, due to their high scores, while Aex comes as a bit of a surprise due to his middling VP performance ratings. Perhaps his supporters feel he’ll do better in the top spot. Those outside of the Cabinet tended to not get much support, though there seems to be an outsider’s chance for Anumia in the next race, it seems only a member of the Executive can make this election exciting, at least from the start. Anything can change during the course of an election.

Final Comments
  • I think it's Drecq's time.
  • I think President WL has led a very solid term and I see no reason not to re-elect him. However, I'm not opposed to a well put-together opposition if they can make their case.
  • How about you just present the data and let people draw their own conclusions this time.
  • Wubba lubba dub dub!
  • I wouldn't vote for WL because I think Europeia needs to bring in someone new. Not brand new like me, but someone who hasn't been President before. From what I see, we're at a growing stage, a transition into something bigger. We need someone who is less rooted in Europeian history to hopefully lead us into the right direction. However, I'd rather stand in the middle of a fire than accidentally fall into it. It's better to stay where we are, then lead ourselves into chaos. -Deladara AKA JayDee
Until next time, this is Calvin Coolidge, cutting out a graph.

Raw Data.

Oh hey, fourth on the list not long after I've made a return, and where the others are the top are high in the executive. Not bad ^_^

Interesting to see a President outdo his whole Cabinet in the polls...

I am surprised that Aex came in second in the Presidential polling over people like Brunhilde given their perception.

There are several things I don't get with this survey. Starting with myself, I wish there'd been actual comments to the vote of 4. I like to think I'm always rather critical of my own work, probably would have ranked myself lower. But I don't think a 4 is very deserving either. (Then again the same individual rated Aex 3 without any comments, so whatever. Come forward if you have anything substantial to say, otherwise I'll gladly assume you're just some craven troll.) I'm happy to see that the region thinks differently and I'll address some concerns from the comments and my own concerns at the end of the term.

Something else I fail to understand is the negativity on Aex. While not a literally excellent term surely, I think people greatly underestimate the time and effort he has done. Again I'd attribute a few of those to the same category as my negative vote, but I am glad that some others gave a comment, so I hope I can shed some light on the office of VP. Not just because I am a member of Cabinet. Also because I endorsed the whole ticket of WL/Aex and would do so again if I could travel back in time.

Aex doesn't really seem to do much at all. In his midterm speech he only talked about the CSO, and aren't Rand and Rylian in charge of that? Why hasn't Aex been helping in the Ministries at all?
Work on the CSO has been good, but how much of that has Aex done? It seems more like Rand and Rylian have been doing the heavy lifting there. Aside from the CSO, I can't really think of anything Aex has done.

Those are legitimate concerns, but with my knowledge I couldn't support these statements. What I certainly know is that Aex supported me in Communications. He's been, though less recently due to his announced absence, on mixlr. I think he was active in Interior, certainly in the CSO. He scheduled the AMA's and with a huge effort did the voting registration thing -- And I know that one was controversial, but I don't see why. It also took that much time, I'd say f*ck concerns over whether it's the right location and just appreciate the intense effort. Even after naming all those, I'm sure that Aex and WL could name a lot more, because obviously I don't have the same overview.

What I wanted to say is that VPs are always a little underestimated, but this one maybe (in my opinion) even more so, especially if we take into consideration how each office has limited potential, and how each office has different opportunities.

To finish on a lighter note, thanks for the survey Calvin and SD. Very interesting to see again and greatly done.

CAIN was obviously a big achievement, but I'm pretty sure FA was supposed to accomplish other things this term. Brun would do better to focus on more than one thing at a time.

You mean like the two State Visits, the Accord with the United Kingdom, and inter-regional communication projects in Radio and the EBC that we did with a variety of regions? CAIN was definitely the main event but the stuff on the "undercard" would have marked a successful term in the MoFA as well.

CAIN was a massive success for the region, and Brunhilde was a big part of that. I'm not sure if much else got done though, training seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Other stuff did get done but you're right about training. I underestimated just how much of my focus CAIN would be taking. With Cat having a lot of responsibilities of her own outside of training, and with Klatonia gone, I couldn't put nearly as much into developing my training program as I wanted to.

The NSIA doesn't count, the ERN handed over the lead and operational command to The Invaders/The Red Fleet/Funkadelia.

That's kind of disingenuous.

Misley of TRF, Knot of TI, and Funk were my chosen Military Organizers charged with helping me get things running, ensuring as much operational security as possible, and with moderating the voice chat. They were chosen after I talked to the different spheres and found people that they were comfortable working with their troops.

I was the one marshaling forces, getting militaries involved, and ensuring that people were on the same page but, aside from that, there was no centralized operational command. Once I had done my job, the Military Organizers and the Leaders all pitched in to ensure that everyone was cross endorsing, that we had a jump point, and that the sleeper that was shared with us by Antifa was ready. Once the jump was over, I was handed the Delegacy and worked with all the different militaries on future actions.

There was no single lead because it's a Coalition of equal partners. The ERN didn't "hand over the lead" but rather didn't try to commandeer something that was a group effort.

I predicted that the FA training would go this way and that Malashaan would struggle. I think it's fair to say he is far more of a legislative person than an executive one. Doesn't make sense to give him bigger executive projects, the results have all been the same. When it comes to FA training, I think the best thing would be to simply forget about it and focus on things like CAIN.

While CAIN definitely took too long for what it was, it was still a decent project. So I would have given Brun a solid score.

Rach said:
I predicted that the FA training would go this way and that Malashaan would struggle. I think it's fair to say he is far more of a legislative person than an executive one. Doesn't make sense to give him bigger executive projects, the results have all been the same. When it comes to FA training, I think the best thing would be to simply forget about it and focus on things like CAIN.

While CAIN definitely took too long for what it was, it was still a decent project. So I would have given Brun a solid score.
Training is still going on, it simply wasn't developed any further.

Back