Newspaper Red List

To Newspaper Owners,

Today I officially institute a color-coded system for the activity level of all independently owned newspapers. This will be called the Newspaper Red List, based on the IUCN Red List used for endangered species. Newspapers will be monitored at least once a week to determine how long it has been since a substantive article (i.e. not just a link to web videos) was last posted in their forum. Newspapers may be archived after two months of inactivity, or if they repeatedly perform excessive bumping of articles or excessively use material without attribution, after warnings and/or lesser administrative sanctions have failed to rectify the situation.

Any newspaper owners who are currently or may potentially be in danger of having their papers archived will be PM'd by me and future Culture Ministers and Secretaries of Media to let them know. And as always, you can ask us to keep your newspaper if you will be posting an article soon or if you will be absent for a period of time, or you can ask for an extension of the two month deadline. If the newspaper is archived, just ask for it back in the Apply for a Newspaper! thread. However, if you do not post an article within a one month probationary period after that, then you may be archived again.

SAD PANDA :(

(Newspaper has not posted an article in 2+ months and may be archived soon)

Y U NO POST?

(Newspaper has not posted an article in one-two months and might be archived)

The Globe
The Lexus Reports
Charlotte's Web

A+ Good Job Guyz

(Newspaper last posted an article earlier than one month ago and is not under considering for archiving)

The Europeia Times
The Republic Post
E-News Network
The Supernova
The Zenyan
Kraken's Lounge
Marble Tribune
Narly Notable New News

Just thought I'd update the OP to reflect the current situation. Please contact me, Remsol or Malvadia if you'd like to put your paper on probation.

It seems rather counterproductive to threaten to archive Rach's paper at a time when she's contributing regularly to the EBC.

Skizzy Grey said:
It seems rather counterproductive to threaten to archive Rach's paper at a time when she's contributing regularly to the EBC.
If they dont post in a month, it goes to yellow. I didnt make this system, I just follow the guidelines set way before me :/

Worst case scenario, they have to ask for it back?
I dont feel bad about it x)

Zenny Anumia said:
Skizzy Grey said:
If they dont post in a month, it goes to yellow. I didnt make this system, I just follow the guidelines set way before me :/

The guidelines also say to PM the owners of the papers in danger. Yet, I didnt' get a PM. :(

Skizzy Grey said:
You could, you know, exercize some discretion.

Seven Deaths said:
Zenny Anumia said:
Skizzy Grey said:

The guidelines also say to PM the owners of the papers in danger. Yet, I didnt' get a PM. :(
With your paper specifically, I ordered it closed. Kraken said you had an article to publish, I halted it. I said Id give it a week, I give you 2 x)
But yes, I don't message people over their papers x)

Maybe I should start doing that? But really. If you havent published in 2 months, I dont see the big deal.

Back