Monkey's Presidential Poll Results

Lime

Lime Green At Last
Associate Justice
Senator
Cabinet
Deputy Minister
Citizen
Note to readers: This is the results of Monkey's recent poll on the Presidential Race. He has given me this format (which I quite like) so that I may publish it. Monkey does not currently own his own newspaper and so I have offered to post the results here in EuroWeekly to allow Monkey's poll results greater accessibility and view ability.

Presidential Election Entrance Poll

1. When did you join this region?
  • 2007 - 3 - 13%
  • 2008 - 1 - 4.3%
  • 2011 - 2 - 8.7%
  • 2012 - 2 - 8.7%
  • 2014 - 1 - 4.3%
  • 2015 - 2 - 8.7%
  • 2016 - 3 - 13%
  • 2017 - 9 - 39.1%

2. Currently with the candidate's presented platforms, who would you vote for?
  • Brun/WL - 4 - 17.4%
  • Snowball/Aditya - 4.3%
  • Cat/WL - 13 - 56.5%
  • Undecided - 5 - 21.7%

3. Why do you think they should be President?
  • Because Brunhilde is smart, cool, and experienced
  • I lean slightly towards their platform on the areas of most concern to me
  • They're proposing different ideas, and I'd like to see that over more of the same from Cat/WL.
  • Like their vision more than the other candidates'. . .I think a lot about these things (plus how they answer questions)
  • Their platform is the most realistic, with the best goals.
  • Requisite levels of experience/activity to keep the ship from sinking.
  • they have a good platform, experience, and they're not from the status quo

4. What's stopping you from voting for the other candidates?
  • Snowball isn't ready for the gig, and I've got a few more misgivings about Brun's platform tahn Cat's
  • Rand's term as Minister of Culture showed how terrible of a Vice President he would be. I simply can't vote for Brunhilde's ticket because of her Vice President. Which is a shame because she would be a good President but our recent history of resignations doesn't bode confidence, shining a light on the VP pick.
  • Too small experience of Snowball ticket and different views from Brun
  • Snowball/Aditya: Snowball isn't knowledgeable enough and Aditya needs to stop being so incredibly painful by posting spammy little posts in the non-spam areas of the forum before I would ever vote for him for anything other than banning him from the region.
  • Brun/Rand: Interestingly pairing, I like both, I don't like the platform.
  • Brun's centerpiece is undertaking an overt campagin of influence in the GCRs, GCRs don't like being influenced that much, there's a whole ideology about it. And given that Brun joined TNP for the sole purpose of influencing their citizen only discussions on her own treaty last year, I fear of what similar tactics she might use and the possibility of backlash from GCRs as a consequence.
  • Brun/Rand has better ideas. also if we elect Cat/WL then WL will trick Cat into resigning and become President again. this is frank underwood level stuff.
  • I think Brun/Rand is the best ticket.
5. If you had to pick someone else to run, who would it be?
  • Drecq (3)
  • Deepest House (2)
  • Darcness (2)
  • Some form of a Darcness/Drecq ticket (2)
  • Festavo
  • HEM
  • Skizzy/Drecq
  • Jaydee

6. What do you think is the most important issue this term?
  • Foreign Affairs, what to do with CAIN's rotting corpse, how will we handle the redefining of the Raider/Defender axis.
  • Domestic issues: Integration being the most important
  • Navy
  • Successfully using media to advance foreign relationships and an independent agenda.
  • Activity, engagement of new players.
  • Breaking cliques and unifying the community more.
  • Prioritizing and output. Many things move too slowly lately.
  • Power exertion on NationStates. We've fallen behind in recent months and we need someone who can bring us back.

7. Who would you like to see in a Cabinet position and which cabinet do you think they should be in?
  • Comms: JayDee, Interior: Le Libertia, MoWA: Kaboom, GA: Calvin
  • Darcness as MoF, Carrot with Radio
  • Jay Dee Attorney General, Sam111 Culture
  • FA: Darc WA: Kaboom Interior: Siol Radio: Carrot Navy: Cat Culture: Sam Comms: JayDee
  • I think with a heavy military President/VP in Cat/Writinglegend we could gamble on a less experienced GA, since the Pres/VP could provide a lot of guidance.
  • XIV - MOFA

8. Additional Comments :p
  • Taxation is theft
  • Hi, my name is Lethen.
  • gargamel

If you would like to view the results on a spreadsheet, you can do so here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QnkGgXZlUXDBXzzElGP-Nftin5cZbgPon50RYtXlAiY/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks so much for letting me publish this here! If any of you experienced pollsters have any advice for me I'd be more than happy to hear on how I could improve my polls :D

Brun/Rand has better ideas. also if we elect Cat/WL then WL will trick Cat into resigning and become President again. this is frank underwood level stuff.

:lol: This is so dumb. C'mon, Europeia is more like the cast of Veep.

Aexnidaral Seymour said:
Brun/Rand has better ideas. also if we elect Cat/WL then WL will trick Cat into resigning and become President again. this is frank underwood level stuff.

How did I not see that!? :emb:

Aexnidaral Seymour said:

Yeah, unlikely. I like a good conspiracy, but Cat isn't so swayable.

Back