Mid-Term Approval Poll: Satisfaction on a Macro Level, Concern on a Micro Level.

Mid-Term Approval Poll: Satisfaction on a Macro Level, Concern on a Micro Level.
Analysis By Punchwood & Possibly This.
Poll Created & Run By Rachael.

The EBC recently ran an Executive Approval ratings poll to see how voters approve of their government half way through this term. The poll received a total of 14 responses and it must be noted that with any poll in Europeia, this poll was not scientific and results can vary widely based on who responds and how many people respond.

Exec_opt.png

The Executive as a whole has a tremendously strong approval rating. A massive 85.7% of respondents said that they approve of the Executive’s performance as a whole. Just a tiny 7.1% said they disapprove of the Executive while 7.2% of respondents give the Executive a “neutral” rating. This expeditionary high approval rating is likely due to a pickup in activity since the Summer months, and voters, it appears are more than satisfied with the work the Executive has done to raise activity.

Sopo_opt.png

In perhaps, a first in EBC polling history 100% of respondents said that they approved of the President’s performance. Approval was split evenly between those who said they “approved” and those who went a little further and said that they “strongly approve.” A commenter stated that President Sopo was a “good statesman,” and clearly voters share this sediment as it is the only way to explain these remarkable results. This will put the President in an excellent position for winning re-election should he choose to run for a second term.

pierce_opt.png

The Vice President does not fair as well as his boss with far more mixed results. Exactly half of respondents said that they approved of Vice President Pierce’s performance and it must be noted that a plurality of 28.6% said that they strongly approve of his performance. More than a quarter, at 28.6% said that they had a “neutral” view of the Vice President’s performance while a around a fifth said that they disapproved of the Vice President’s performance in some capacity. The one commenter said that Pierce “started off strong but has fallen off a bit.” It would seem from this comment and the mixed results, that the Vice President has suffered the same fate as many former Vice Presidents before him; voters have not seen much of the Vice President in public and so assume they are doing a poor job. How accurate this view is, is unknown, as most of the work a Vice President does is behind the scenes. The Vice President will need to show his face in public a little more if he wants to boost this figures by the end of the term.

DH_opt.png

Chief of Staff Deepest House suffers from abysmal approval ratings. Receiving just a 14.2% approval rating, voters do not seem impressed by the performance of the Chief of Staff. His “neutral” and disapproval ratings are equal at 42.9% a piece, and of that disapproval rating a majority said that they “strongly disapproved.” The two commenters both mentioned that they were unaware of the work the Chief of Staff was conducting and it can be safely assumed that this lack of public awareness about the work the Chief of Staff is doing is to blame for his dismal approval rating. Deepest House has since resigned from his post.

drecq_opt.png

A perhaps unsurprising result is available for Attorney General Drecq, 50% of respondents approve of his performance in some form, and just 14.2% disapprove in some way. 35.7% said they have a “neutral” view of his performance and it can be safely assumed that this is due to the behind the scenes nature of the Attorney General post and people not able to see the work the Attorney General does. The 50% approval rating could be due the Legislative Assessment Drecq produced or a general trust in his experience and expertise.

kuramia_opt.png

The first official Minister in our poll receives fantastic approval ratings. Minister of Radio Kuramia receives a massive 71.4% strongly approve figure along with another 14.3% saying that they approve of her performance. Just 7.1% say that they disapprove of her performance while another 7.1% say they have a neutral. One could argue that Kuramia’s numbers are even better than the President’s due to the far greater percentage who gave Kuramia a “strongly approve” rating as opposed to simply “approve.” The Minister had strong approval ratings last term and it would appear that voters have not lost confidence in her ability to lead and are still exceptionally happy with the work she has conducted. A former Vice President, many have openly called on Kuramia to run for President in the past, but she has so far, resisted. Should she change her mind and decide to run for the Presidency, these numbers would make her a formidable opponent against any candidate and would almost certainly make her a frontrunner.

punch_opt.png

Analysis Provided by Possibly This.

Ooh yay, I get to slate my boss! How lovely. On a serious note though this is a pretty strong result for Punchwood with 63.3% approving of the first half of his term and only 21.4% viewing it negatively which overall suggests a pretty positive view of his ministry. And only 14.3% of people were unsure which really signifies that Punchwood's presence in this new term has largely been felt. Looking at these results I would say I don't think this will be his last time he will assume this position but I wouldn't exactly expect to see a Punchwood Presidency just yet, but you never know. Overall this is a good sign for Punchwood going into the second half of his term.

graV_opt.png

Minister of Interior GraVandius also receives fairly mixed ratings. 50% of respondents say that they approve of his performance, 14.3% say that they have a “neutral” rating of his performance while a sizeable 35.7% say that they disapprove of his performance in some form. Two commenters said that they believed recruitment efforts had paid off but were concerned about integration efforts. Minister GraVandius has been widely praised for the increase in manuel recruitment numbers and this could explain why a plurality of respondents approve of his performance. However concerns around integration efforts may be the factor keeping GraVandius’s approval rating from rising any further. With these kinds of numbers, GraVandius could see himself re-nominated for the position next term, however they probably aren’t strong enough for a Presidential run.

Attachments

• Exec.png
    Exec.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 64
  • pierce_opt.png
    pierce_opt.png
    24 KB · Views: 63
HEM_opt.png

The Minister of Foreign Affairs has very strong approval ratings and he can certainly be happy with these figures. 78.6% of respondents said that they approved of his performance in some form, 7.1% gave him a “neutral” rating and a small 14.2% said that they disapproved of his performance in some way. HEM’s term has seen the creation of the Europeian External Content Team (EECT), a team who produce written work to be published abroad highlighting Europeian news and promoting Europeian successes as well as the repeal of the Treaty of Friendship with Equilism. Voters are clearly impressed with the work of the EECT and HEM’s leadership of the Ministry so far, these numbers will hold HEM in good stead for the rest of the term.

Aex_opt.png

The Minister of World Assembly Affairs Aexnidaral Seymour also has very strong approval ratings with 71.4% of respondents approving of his performance in some form. 14.3% said that they disapproved of his performance, while the remaining 14.3% gave him a “neutral” rating. The Ministry has continued to produce IVFs for resolutions before the World Assembly on a fast timescale and this likely contributes to the Minister’s high approval ratings. One respondent mentions that they believe fewer resolutions supported by the region are succeeding in the World Assembly, however they are unsure how much responsibility should fall on the Minister. It could be this sediment which results in the small disapproval vote, Aexnidaral receives.

writinglegend_opt.png

The new Grand Admiral Writinglegend, receives better results than some of his colleagues despite being in the Cabinet for a far shorter period of time. Overall 57.2% of respondents approve of his performance in some way. A sizeable fifth however said that they disapproved of his performance in some way, while 7.1% gave him a “neutral” rating. The remaining 14.3% said that they did not have enough time to fairly judge his performance. The ERN has suffered from a lack of participation and activity this term and the previous Grand Admiral Calvin Coolidge had to be replaced due to his real life commitments taking up most of his free time. The ERN has conducted a number of operations since Writinglegend took over and this is likely to explain his fairly high approval numbers. It may however take longer to convince some that the ERN is back up and running and this could explain the 14.2% who did not provide an response. The fifth who disapproved of Writinglegend’s performance may wish to see a far stronger ERN over a longer period of time before they are willing to approve of his performance.

racheal_opt.png

The newest Cabinet member, Rachael, receives almost the exact same results as Writinglegend with the only difference being that she receives one more for those saying that they can’t fairly judge on her performance yet and no “neutral” ratings. Rachael has been organising Weekend Games and did some Halloween activities since entering the Cabinet and this immediate work likely explains her approval ratings. She receives a higher non-response rate probably due to her being the newest Cabinet member and some voters will be unwilling to provide a response until later in her term. Culture has been accused of slowing down in recent terms and this institutional concern may play a larger role in Rachael’s disapproval vote than her herself.

potential candidates_opt.png

There are a number of Europeians voters want to see run in any future election. The question was kept vague to include both Presidential candidates and a hypothetical Premier position which could exist if currently proposed reforms pass. The vague question could explain why so many different names are provided. Despite a grand total of 12 potential candidates, there are four clear frontrunners: HEM, Kuramia, Punchwood and Whitmark. Leading the pack is the Minister of Foreign Affairs HEM and the Minister of Radio Kuramia who both receive four mentions. Their high approval ratings could easily explain why they are listed as potential frontrunners. Closely following them both is Minister of Communications Punchwood and a potential surprise in the form of former Senator Whitmark who both receive 3 mentions. Punchwood also has a high approval rating but it is lower than those of HEM and Kuramia and this could explain the one less mention. Former Senator Whitmark’s inclusion in the top four candidates may surprise some due to lower activity from him recently and his lack of experience, only previously serving as CA Chair and Senator for half a term. However Vice President Pierce was targeted for a lack of experience and yet was elected to the Vice Presidency alongside President Sopo. Whitmark could prove to be a dark-horse candidate and even being considered as a potential candidate increases his likelihood of being offered a Cabinet position. Associate Justice Rach/Solorni must also be given a notable mention for being the only other potential candidate to receive more than one mention, with two suggesting her as a potential candidate. GraVandius, Aexnidaral, JayDee, Kari, Writinglegend and Pierce all received one mention a peice.

With these kinds of numbers, GraVandius could see himself re-nominated for the position next term, however they probably aren’t strong enough for a Presidential run.
As if I care about polling numbers when making those type of decisions :p

Also in the spirit of taking all my jokes to the absolute limit, I was one of the strongly disapprove votes for myself.

Also good poll punchwood!

Nice analysis.

I do find it a bit odd how this poll only got 14 responses, while UV's got 20...
The consensus is that UV's was likely "stacked" with duplicate emails and due to the very large amount of responses compared to the amount of time it was public.

UV's poll opened at 11am CST and he posted the results at like 8pm the same day (today). Not going to get a representative sample from a timeframe that short. Several people specifically mentioned in discord that they didn't even know it was happening.

The consensus is that UV's was likely "stacked" with duplicate emails and due to the very large amount of responses compared to the amount of time it was public.
To be fair I don’t think it’s likely this has happened. Pings at the right time can generate a lot of responses for example it’s only been 3 hours and my poll has 13 responses already. I think that the poll was likely simply spewed by who was online at the time but we’ll see with the results of my poll.

To be fair I don’t think it’s likely this has happened. Pings at the right time can generate a lot of responses for example it’s only been 3 hours and my poll has 13 responses already. I think that the poll was likely simply spewed by who was online at the time but we’ll see with the results of my poll.
With all due respect Grav, I'll put my faith in the forum based one.

One respondent mentions that they believe fewer resolutions supported by the region are succeeding in the World Assembly, however they are unsure how much responsibility should fall on the Minister.

This is an interesting point and something I haven't been paying attention to on the GA side of things. However, there's also a reality that we've got less votes than we used to because of our population shrinking which hurts our voting power in the World Assembly and collaboration in WALL. In general, where we can we try to vote with our WALL allies, but I'm not too concerned about our win/loss ratio on most "small" things. Where it really counts -- in the SC -- we've largely been successful in pushing our agenda through various means (whether stopping bad things from getting to a vote, voting things down, or passing things). I'll try to look at the numbers in the spreadsheet we keep to see if there's any dramatic statistical difference between how we're performing, but it may take a bit of time.

I am flattered with my numbers here, especially because I still see so much room for improvement. Thanks all!

While I realize that 14 is not a particularly strong sample size for Europeia, I appreciate the vote of confidence from those who participated. I am happy to hear how we can improve as well; my door is always open.

Back