June Presidenitial Poll Results

Calvin Coolidge

Spellcaster
Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
The Panda's Pen held a poll after posting a link the Grand Hall from June 10th to June 13th, and received 30 responses. Respondents had to use a Google account to respond, and they could edit their responses until the poll officially closed. The Rand/Sopo ticket was only included during the last 24 hours, due to late platform posting. Now here are the results of the poll.

We can see right off the bat that Writinglegend/Deepest House has a commanding lead, but falls just short of claiming victory in the first round. Darcness/Drecq is the next closest behind, but with less than half the support of the leading ticket, this is hardly encouraging. If there's any positives to take away for the other tickets, it's that 13% of respondents still have not made up their mind.

From this point in the poll, depending on which ticket the respondent said they supported, they were taken to a different section. We will work our way down the ballot, in order that the candidates stood.

Darcness Voters

Here we see that the base of Darcness' support is pretty much evenly split between newer and older members, and (more concerning for the ticket), also evenly split on the strength of their support for the ticket. For a ticket that only claims roughly a quarter of the vote as it is, seeing also half say they might change their mind away from the ticket suggests this ticket is less strong than it may appear at first glance.

• I think Darcness deserves a full term to prove himself. We don't need WL *again*
  • Double D on Display
  • Their primary competition is Writinglegend/Deepest House, and while I'm sure that Writinglegend will be a great president as he has in the past, I believe that it may be time for other qualified individuals to have a hand in running the region to prevent stagnation and ensure that we have a constant flow of new ideas. Were the ticket flipped to Deepest House/Writinglegend it would almost certainly have my vote.

Writinglegend Voters

Writinglegend's base is formed mostly of newer members, despite own veteran status, the only candidate in the race classified as such. What really sticks out from this data, however, is that Writinglegend's support is incredibly strong, with 80% of his voters, who already make up the largest portion of our sample, saying they are sticking with him. This paints a great picture for his ticket, as Writinglegend seeks a record sixth term in the Goldenblock.

• The fact that I'm on it. :p
  • WL is one of our most experienced and successful presidents and DH is one of our most capable members.
  • Only capable leadership right now.
  • It's very heavy on details and both Writinglegend and Deepest House know what they're doing.
  • Everything
  • Well, the ticket itself. The two most active cabinet members of the term on the same ticket is better than a mediocre president and the barely active AG.

Rand Voters

Rand's base is also made up predominantly of newer members, but with only four respondents voting for him in the poll, that's a difference of three to one. The ticket with the least support also has the least commitment from its supporters, with only half "definitely" voting for this ticket. Rand will have to make up a lot of ground if he wishes to improve enough to beat Darcness and hope to make it to a runoff.

• It addresses many of the issues I see in the region and seeks to fix them in an attainable fashion.
  • I like their EuroWorks plan and their excitement about new ideas.
  • They have the best plan. Also, while Rand is annoying, but less so than the others, and Sopo is good.

Undecided Voters

Due to a technical error, one of the undecideds later edited their response, but it still shows up in the graph. Remove one newer member and one Writinglegend supporter for a more accurate picture.

The undecideds are made up mostly of older members, with only one undecided newcomer by the poll's end. All undecideds are united, however, in their decision that Writinglegend is the option they would choose, out of all options. If these numbers hold, Writinglegend will win in the first round, and avoid a runoff.

• Because I don't want a CRP president, I want a FEP one. I currently plan on abstaining.
  • Both present strong cases with great ideas for the future of our region.
  • I'd really love to see what Darcness can do with a full term, but ultimately WL never fails to do well
  • Truth be told, none of the three tickets really grab me. While WL has done a lot of great work, I think his platform is weaker than expected and Darc deserves a shot at the full term. On the same note, though, its hard to ignore both WL's track record and DH's rising star status.
Looking at this poll in its entirety, it's clear that the Writinglegend team is in the best shape, with a high likelihood of avoiding a runoff entirely, with the support of most of the respondents. Darcness only need a few more supporters to put him in runoff territory, but his own base is not fully behind him yet. Rand is in the toughest position, with middling support from his own base, and a very small amount of support overall. How will this all shake out? Be sure to follow the poll on June 16th for the final results. Until next time, this is Calvin Coolidge, looking at this graph.

Raw Data.

Unfortunately, I think our late inclusion hurt our performance in this poll. I don't think it's representative of our actual support levels. Rand gave a solid performance in the debate last night, and the ideas we're offering are real game changers. I expect to outperform this poll by a mile. #Randpo2017 #Randvolution #Randwagon

Sopo said:
Unfortunately, I think our late inclusion hurt our performance in this poll. I don't think it's representative of our actual support levels. Rand gave a solid performance in the debate last night, and the ideas we're offering are real game changers. I expect to outperform this poll by a mile. #Randpo2017 #Randvolution #Randwagon
er...my poll doesn't show that

Comrade Snowball said:
Sopo said:
er...my poll doesn't show that
Well, your poll was not done post-debate. Additionally, Sopo was speaking a bit tongue-in-cheek and being supportive of his chances :p

Back