January Chair Poll Analysis

Calvin Coolidge

Spellcaster
Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
From January 10-12th, I had a poll in the Grand Hall that gather seventeen responses on the outgoing Chair and the upcoming Chair election. Here are those results, with some (minor) analysis.

Average: 3.47
  • Rach is a boon to the CA, as I said before.
  • Great discussion leading but coralling spurious discussion or presenting actual legislation has been lacking
  • No legislation was passed. Strong negative. Still, Rach generated a lot of discussion in the forum, and that was a good thing.
  • Not enough leadership and activity
  • Lots of involvement with plenty of debate, but nothing really passed to the Senate.
  • I never pay attention to the CA
  • I like her approach to CA leadership and discussions
  • Should be more vigilant about getting legislation out of the discussion phase and promoting progress.
  • A lot of potential discussions were left to Discord, or said to have been left to Discord, and sometimes it seemed things were left to sit for too long or not prodded. Without the work of membership upkeep, I expect a little more activity from the Chair in other areas.
With a score just a little above average, Chair Rach gets mostly good reviews for her ability to generate discussions, but sees the same criticism over and over about lack of legislation being passed this term.

Average: 3.47
  • That was a great first run by Nat. I mostly hope it wasnt a one-off.
  • Mockingbird was AMAZING. Give me MORE.
  • The new format is pretty but I have concerns about whether or not it will remain accessible months/years into the future. Off-site websites aren't always as reliable as posting content directly to Europeia. It's very well designed, but that's a concern of mine for historical reference purposes.
  • The what now?
  • What's the Mockingbird again?
  • Awesome!
  • where in the world is it?
  • Mockingbird was beautifully laid out. I wish there had been more issues.
  • Love what nat did
With the Mocking Month in Review project getting the same score as the Chair, it also saw many positive reviews, though there was a sizable amount of confusion over the project, hinting at a lack of advertising.

Average: 2.53
  • I haven't seen much there to say one way or another
  • The LTC lacked direction. A clear goal is necessary.
  • We need to encourage this rather than simply displaying it
  • ??????????????
  • I didnt hear anything, but it seems to be running
  • Wasn't part of it, but it looks like applicants were getting placed in a timely manner, which is good.
  • Legislative Training Center had a slow start, but Grizzly has jumped into it four paws first.
For the first negative score of the term, the LTC got criticism for a lack of public updates, and many were unclear if it even ran this term. Future Chairs should take note to be more transparent on this program if they wish to have successes seen.

• More activity, by far.
  • A well done Mockingbird
  • That one Mockingbird Article
  • Lots of great, detailed discussions.
  • The CA has produced a lot of discussion recently with the help of Rach and Grizzli
  • I have no idea
  • Taking the initiative on Discord legislation.
  • Mockingbird was a huge success with its formatting and selecting active member Grizzly as a Deputy was lovely.
  • Crazy amounts of discussion.
  • Providing solid plans for legislature to be sent to the Senate.
  • Actual legislation
  • It accomplished pretty much nothing.
  • Was any pre-legislation actually passed onto the Senate or did we more just talk about everything?
  • Not getting anything done. Debate with no substance.
  • Idk
  • A lot of threads got caught up in debate hellholes.
  • It seemed like a lot of the discussion was had in the Discord...and not brought into the forums. The outline of these discussions should happen on the forums, not just a 'we had talk on Discord about this'.
  • Lack of communication from leadership on LTC and status of discussions
Taking these two sections together, we see basically the same comments that were made about Chair Rach: good discussions, but lack of legislation.

Yes - 13; No - 4
Many voters, despite their criticism, view the Citizens' Assembly as moving in the right direction.

• Grizzli
  • Grizzli
  • PhDre, Calvin, Grizzli, Darcness & Celtian
  • Trinnien
  • Ninja Kittens
  • Grizzli, Calvin, anyone with some drive and legislative chops.
  • Ninja Kittens, Kuramia, Calvin Coolidge, Mousebumples.
  • Grizzli, Darcness, PhDre, Rach, Drecq, Calvin, Trinnien
  • Taz
  • Leo (seems promising)
  • Grizzly
  • Isaris, Vohalla, Leo Draken
  • Calvin Coolidge, Grizzli
Top Picks: Grizzli (7), Calvin Coolidge (5), Leo Drakan, Darcness, Ninja Kittens (2)
  • Strong, resounding step in the right direction for the CA.
  • Above average
  • Boom! That was fast.
  • Great poll ily calvin
  • Praise be to Mousey!!
  • nothing else to say
  • Can only comment on the last of it, which was average.
  • Poll is lovely. Chair needs to be more proactive. It felt like minimal work was done, which has been seen from prior Chairs as well. We need a proactive Chair who acts like they are willing to do work.
  • Good term.
That's all the results I have for now. Standing is open for CA Chair, and the election is set for the 20th. Don't let this election get lost in the shuffle, because the Citizens' Assembly is where this region's great ideas are born. Until next time, this is Calvin Coolidge, chilling out.

I, uh, what? Me running CA Chair? Maybe one day, but not in the foreseeable future. :p

I appreciate the thoughts of whomever suggested I run for Chair, but I just don't have the time, day-to-day, to be effective in that role any longer. I look forward to an exciting race, however.

(And my thanks to Calvin for the polling!)

Who put my name in the damned running!? What'd I tell you, guys?! No Chair Eternal!

:evil:

Back