'If I Did Anything As Consistently As Kraken Fails To Run Paper I'd Be Rich,' Local Man Says

PhDre said:
Voting for candidate based on pie in the sky promises that have failed in the past seems like something we'd learn not to do; but something about an International Paper must appeal to our baser senses.
Or we voted in spite of it.

The problem with the Paper seems to have been its editor... but then again, to be fair to Kraken, we don't really know everything going on behind the scenes... but was there really that much going on?

Kraken was a poor choice from the start, but the Paper may be a lost cause regardless. The current solution isn't much of one, as well.

At the very least, maybe we should be posting in GP those EBC articles we send out to other regions?

Cerian Quilor said:
At the very least, maybe we should be posting in GP those EBC articles we send out to other regions?
Totally, I mean this should really always be happening.

Cerian Quilor said:
The problem with the Paper seems to have been its editor... but then again, to be fair to Kraken, we don't really know everything going on behind the scenes... but was there really that much going on?
I don't think this is fair. Yes, Krak failed to take this responsibility seriously for a very long time and he, along with his superiors can be fairly criticized for it. However, there are a great many and more fundamental problems with this initiative than poor, disinterested leadership.

We originally conceived of The Europeian Standard as an alternative to The Rejected Times which was driving the political narrative in NSGP, counter to our interests and the interests of our sphere. It became clear that TRT was able to sustain its success, consistency, and formidable quality because of the obsessive, borderline unhealthy commitment of its editor, Unibot. We could not and cannot hope to replicate the labor that was put into TRT with anything resembling regularity. We've learned that for a certainty. Therefore, the original vision for The Standard is long dead.

To their credit, many have recognized this and preferred an approach which would have us posting one or a couple articles at a time in NSGP under the banner of The Standard. These articles, stories, or interviews would be much the same material that would have originally been included which would focus on Europeian foreign policy interests as well as that of the Independent Sphere. We again failed repeatedly to accomplish this considerably more modest objective.

Now we seem to be circling back to the Europeian Overseas Network, a relic from the Anumia administration, under which we will seek to distribute existing material produced in Europeia to highlight not only the exciting things that occur here but also the skill of our journalists which we hope will ultimately draw more players and activity to our forums as well as enhance our prestige abroad.

This is a good thing, something we should be doing as a matter of course, and I applaud the President for making it a priority but it has nothing to do with The Standard or the objectives of The Standard. Rather, the program is an extension of the EBC in partnership with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The two should not be conflated going forward. The "international paper" is dead. Maybe it doesn't need to be, maybe it does but let's not confuse two distinct initiatives with their own methods and objectives.

And very little of that was actually directed at you, Cerian, for the record. I just started and didn't stop for a while. :p

You make good points though.

And I agree that nothing but Unibot-level focus could match the frentic pace and size of TRT, but I don't know if we ever needed to try to match it, especially with Mr. Bot out in the wilderness these days.

Back