If specified, this will replace the title that dis
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
E-Mensa - "Great Europeians of History: Orangetang"
Written by Sopo
Deputy Editor

We've all heard the tales of Europeia's greatest, most influential citizens: Falconias, Cordova, Lenin Cat (aka Cary), HEM. What we haven't heard are the tales of Europeia's unsung heroes. The forgotten workhorses, the suppressed talents, the backbones of the Republic. In our new series, Great Europeians of History, E-Mensa looks to the past to bring you the stories of those incredible Europeians that time forgot. We begin today with Orangetang.

Orangetang joined Europeia as a bright-eyed newcomer on August 7, 2008, when our region was but a scrappy upstart. Though he was member #382, he was much more than a number, as he would soon prove. He received his citizenship and jumped right in, immersing himself in Europeian culture, creating a name for himself. He brazenly chose to go without signature or avatar, spurning those who questioned his minimalism:

Orangetang said:
...it is the mind that makes the man, not the signature.
Orangetang said:
...finding ones avatar is a complex art.
With such a bold outlook on life and insurpassable wisdom, Orangetang quickly became a force to reckon with in Europeian politics. At a time when unabashed raiding was the accepted norm, he stood up for defenseless regions. He supported Scotchpinestan's bid for Senate because of his plans to make the Navy home-defense only. After HEM defended Europeia's invading practices, our hero put him on blast:

Orangetang said:
As a former inhabitant of one of your invaded regions, I agree! It's insulting enough enough [sic] that you invaded Vexia, but as practice? That's just low, man. Really low.
Ever the realist, Orangetang continued to play the field in the Senate election, even encouraging NeoHabighorst to run against Scotch. Orangetang became known for his campaign prowess, and his ability to bend races to his whims. As we all know, Europeia has not invaded since Orangetang's powerful defense of regional sovereignty.

Outside of regional politics, Orangetang was a spirited participant in out-of-character, real-life political discussions. At his peak, the Russian invasion of Georgia was unfolding. He defended the Georgian people against assault by pro-Russia Renposa. Successfully transitioning his in-character debate skills to real life, Orangetang singlehandedly convinced Europeians that Russia was to blame for the war and that the US and NATO should have supported Georgia.

On August 12, 2008, only 5 days after joining the region, Orangetang received an unprecedented commendation from regional founder, HEM. HEM congratulated Orangetang specifically on his impressive achievements and dedication to the region. After this high honor, Orangetang continued to wow the region with thoughtful contributions to university lectures, rational political commentary, and cultural prowess.

However, Europeia suffered a major blow on August 18, 2008. Orangetang, one of Europeia's most storied elders, made his last ever post on this forum. Perhaps as a gift to all of us, his final words continue to carry meaning to this day:

Orangetang said:
Or do what I do and make it up as you go along.
And this is what Europeia has done ever since.

Orangetang last viewed the board on August 20, 2008. His nation ceased to exist 8 years and 124 days ago. Without Orangetang, Europeia entered a rapid decline. How does a region replace a citizen who contributed so much to government, culture, and community? Not easily, as everyone would learn. Thankfully, a group of dedicated citizens joined together to fill the void left behind by Orangetang's disappearance. Let us not forget, however, that our region would not be what it is today without his hard work and dedication. To this day, our administrative team wears the color orange to commemorate our first Great Europeian of History, Orangetang.

R.I.P.
Orangetang

August 2008 - August 2008
"What the hell are you going to do with it? Anything smaller than a caribou you'll blow away!"

You forgot to mention that he reached the very impressive milestone of 30 posts before vanishing.

Orangetang was a dick.

#Ovation4Orangetang

Confession time: I have shaped my entire career to mirror that of Orangetang's and try to emulate his best qualities/what he could have achieved for Europeia.

Lethen is a lie. :baghead:

Lethen said:
Confession time: I have shaped my entire career to mirror that of Orangetang's and try to emulate his best qualities/what he could have achieved for Europeia.

We've always known.

Lethen said:

Liethen

Did my name give it away?

Back