February Midterm Presidential Poll Results

Thank you for your work in organizing this, Calvin, and thank you to everyone who participated. The comments are...interesting, but I think there is a lot of room for improvement and growth for everyone involved.

Some very critical feedback on me, but that doesn't surprise me. I think most of the negative comments in FA were quite unfair to Kuramia, largely.

Cerian Quilor said:
Some very critical feedback on me, but that doesn't surprise me. I think most of the negative comments in FA were quite unfair to Kuramia, largely.
I agree that the negative comments about Kuramia are quite unfair.

I'm especially displeased with this comment specifically:
Plagued by communication issues, and the one person who worked for her and defended her was sacked. What are FA's goals? What are we trying to accomplish? It's unclear, and unfortunately Kuramia has not been able to relay any worthwhile information to the public.
It's pretty clear that they're talking about you in that first sentence, Cerian. Do you agree that you have been the "one person who worked for her and defended her"? I'm just curious. I have the feeling you don't but I'm trying to prove a point.

Constie said:
Well, there goes the Aex era.
There never was going to be an Aex era. I've said from the beginning of the term I'd only serve one term.

Aexnidaral Seymour said:
Constie said:
There never was going to be an Aex era. I've said from the beginning of the term I'd only serve one term.
Didn't have to be you running. It could have been one of your Ministers, or your Vice President carrying on your legacy.

Personally, I was surprised Kuramia was as high as that even. The bigger shock to me however was Kaboom and it makes me sad that people do not think the World Assembly Ministry should even be a ministry. The position has so much potential.

As a side note, I am uncomfortable that one of the anonymous commentators referred to one of our female members as a "bitch" -- unfortunate.

Isaris said:
Cerian Quilor said:

Plagued by communication issues, and the one person who worked for her and defended her was sacked. What are FA's goals? What are we trying to accomplish? It's unclear, and unfortunately Kuramia has not been able to relay any worthwhile information to the public.
It's pretty clear that they're talking about you in that first sentence, Cerian. Do you agree that you have been the "one person who worked for her and defended her"? I'm just curious. I have the feeling you don't but I'm trying to prove a point.
I was hardly the 'one' person. I was (and am) a vocal defender of her, but I wasn't the only person. I think I might have been the most vocal, but I tend to be pretty fucking vocal in general, so that doesn't say much.

Constie said:
Aexnidaral Seymour said:
Constie said:
Didn't have to be you running. It could have been one of your Ministers, or your Vice President carrying on your legacy.
That's assuming that Aex had a "bloc" that would carry on his legacy. The only one we've had in recent memory has been Kraken-Calvin-WL with Anumia acting as a heavy influence in their early days. Though it should be noted WL distanced himself greatly in the last few terms, and obviously that dynamic has changed dramatically with the Anumia Scandal, and Kraken seemingly burning himself out.

As a side note, I am uncomfortable that one of the anonymous commentators referred to one of our female members as a "bitch" -- unfortunate.
Especially in the political context of that quote...just encourages the narrative of "women with opinions in politics are bitches."

Lethen said:
Kraken seemingly burning himself out.
I didn't burn myself out, work burned me out. On the plus side, I've gained some significant clients for my portfolio :wink:

Lethen said:
Constie said:
Aexnidaral Seymour said:
Constie said:
That's assuming that Aex had a "bloc" that would carry on his legacy. The only one we've had in recent memory has been Kraken-Calvin-WL with Anumia acting as a heavy influence in their early days. Though it should be noted WL distanced himself greatly in the last few terms, and obviously that dynamic has changed dramatically with the Anumia Scandal, and Kraken seemingly burning himself out.
Aex seemed to have a strong political coalition (which still might exist) in the form of Pictho and the EPP in general. There is a reason why no one stood against him in the general - he had monolithic support from Europeia at large. But I think that the chance of someone we would point to as a 'Aex legacy President' actually being able to win election are small (since they either had to resign for RL reasons or had poor terms).

PhDre said:
Lethen said:
Constie said:
Aexnidaral Seymour said:
Constie said:
Aex seemed to have a strong political coalition (which still might exist) in the form of Pictho and the EPP in general. There is a reason why no one stood against him in the general - he had monolithic support from Europeia at large. But I think that the chance of someone we would point to as a 'Aex legacy President' actually being able to win election are small (since they either had to resign for RL reasons or had poor terms).
"Legacy presidencies" could actually be a good series of articles. I might look into those.

We have a lot to pick from Calvin. Pick HEM's brain about the earlier Euro years. He and I definitely tried to prop up a lot of Presidents to maintain the status quo of outgoing Presidents and push the Old Guard agenda onwards and upwards.

Calvin Coolidge said:
Legacy presidencies" could actually be a good series of articles. I might look into those.
There's a likely an argument that could be made that the Kraken>Trinnien>Calvin series was definitely a legacy run.

Cerian Quilor said:
Isaris said:
Cerian Quilor said:

I was hardly the 'one' person. I was (and am) a vocal defender of her, but I wasn't the only person. I think I might have been the most vocal, but I tend to be pretty fucking vocal in general, so that doesn't say much.
Thank you. <3

Starting with the "Wasn't Cat Minister" comments -- I know Cat was said to be dependant on Carrot. In a way I guess it's good we advanced from one dependancy to two. Seriously though, I feel like she was given a lot more benefit of the doubt. Now that is partly a different situation, but probably also because I didn't bother with comforting the region and thus (maybe rightfully) seem arrogant, hostile, like an ass, ... It's a pity to read such comments after dozens of hours of work, I imagine that Cat felt objectively the same or even worse when she read those during her term, but why bother with intelligent criticism when it can be funny/trollish.

I'd rather have Ervald run another awards show than have Pichto run radio. He can't take criticism, has too many childish outbursts, can't organize shows for shit, hasn't put forth any of his own broadcast ideas, is very lowly involved in radio, hasn't performed any campaign promises, and relies way too much on independent content to run radio.

"no own ideas" - There were three own broadcast ideas, which would have been rolled out over the next two weeks. At least two of them should have been in radio by the time of the survey.

"lowly involved" - If editing nearly every show on the showreel since this term commenced, two major organisational efforts, containing the fallout from losing one of the major hosts and organising a few own shows next to several smaller and average duties is low involvement by your standards, then I fear that's your view. I don't share it.

"hasn't performed any campaign promises" -- See below.

We need to make sure that we bring more of our Assistant Ministers and Deputies directly into discussions and planning. While they shouldn't be running the show, they should be able to make substantive contributions through both planning and preparation to consistently make our shows a success

Promised was: AMs and DMs should be able to make substantive contributions through both planning and preparation. That is pretty easy, and literally take no change from the current system. It was done.

We need to be able to diversify; reach out to new fields; and try new topics. Not every program is going to be a smash hit or an instant success, but next term we need to have reliable output of quality diverse content.

Also majorly due to independently organised shows, but this was done. If it hadn't been for those shows, we would have been off worse, but that's not a legitimate argument to make. As long as there are varied shows, I didn't need to look after it, so there was not an intense focus on it. The three own show ideas were all diverse, though.

Presidential Townhalls: Every two weeks the Radio Ministry will host a Q&A style event where citizens get an opportunity to ask their executive branch, myself and any Mixlr capable Ministers, any questions they desire.

That was done.

a program aimed at newcomer integration into the regional community through on-air involvement in Mixlr broadcasts; however, this hasn't been given the opportunity to really hit it off yet. I want to push this idea through two means: (1) informal broadcasts and (2) scheduled formal broadcasts.

Admittedly I can not say I have made any efforts on the informal side.

For scheduled formal broadcasts, one AM had the intention to run a show with newer members. After that didn't work out (which made me create the Guest Registry), I contacted two newer members on my own for the Citizens Cloud project. Both agreed -- But in the meantime I handed in my resignation.

Hands-on Learning

Another weak side. Neither my Radio Hub Deputy Cat nor myself did much for the Hub this term. I did, however, see one of our AMs do a show fully on his own. He has disappeared since then, but that doesn't diminish the fact they came from not doing a single broadcast to hosting both technically and on air.

Joint Regional Broadcasts

We had decided on a region to do this with. I would have looked forward to do this in my second half. As it is now, however, that has yet to be fulfilled.

YouTube & Tying together Radio and Communications

Another thing that was objectively not fulfilled yet. I had wished to include YouTube myself and never got to it. An AM wanted to do it once, too, and similarly didn't get to it. Otherwise joint efforts with Comms were discussed, but not intensely so far.

"relies way too much on independent content to run radio" - What isn't independent content? Generally, though, it is an odd argument to make since surely there'd have been more efforts if there wasn't such a steady stream of content.

" can't organize shows for shit" - I really didn't look that good in that regard. When it comes to the EuroToday where my mic suddenly broke or the first townhall, I'll admit own faults. The second townhall revealed structural weaknesses in the format, too, but that one was a lot better on the organisational side. If we could have worked with one of the two previously asked hosts who (unfortunately, and such things happen) had to decline within the last hour of the broadcast, I'm sure that much of the criticism for the second townhall wouldn't have existed.

As for "can't take criticisms" and "outbursts", you will be happy to know that I indeed regularly ask for criticism and always have asked for criticism. It's also a matter of how this criticism is communicated. If it's communicated in a dickish way, and additionally wrong (like half of your statements) by objective standards, then I don't care to rub your back.

Trinnien said:
Calvin Coolidge said:
Legacy presidencies" could actually be a good series of articles. I might look into those.
There's a likely an argument that could be made that the Kraken>Trinnien>Calvin series was definitely a legacy run.
Yeah, other than WL directly succeeding Sopo, it's the longest succession of VPs to the Presidency I've seen. Kraken ran with Trinnien and Trinnien ran with Calvin.

Back