Europeian of the Year 2016 Nominee: Trinnien

Calvin Coolidge

Spellcaster
Forum Administrator
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
When it came time to plan for this year’s award festivities, I knew instantly who I wanted to spend time writing an article about during the Europeian of the Year competition: myself. Of course, I could not nominate him, so I settled for Trinnien. Let’s dive into what happened this year that makes him qualified to receive this prize.

Positions of the Fluff Man in 2016:

-One term as Vice President
-One and half terms as President
-One term as Attorney General
-One month as Delegate
-One entry into my heart

Achievements in Each Position:

As Vice President, Trinnien would make his mark aptly by reaching out to all Ministers and chipping in where he could, adding in his efforts.

During his first term as President, Trinnien dealt with a number of interregional issues that threatened Europeia, such as the start of the Osiris coup, and reacting to the Predator scandal. Perhaps most notably, he also clashed with the Senate by enacting Executive Order 94, dealing with the Grammatical, Formatting, and Spelling Act, allowing for a challenge period after changes are made via the Speaker. The EO was soon repealed in a public, tense battle with the Senate, but it showed that Trinn was willing to act when the Senate wasn’t, even if the outcome wasn’t perfect, new legislation was passed on the issue that satisfied the critics. He also let me be President for a week, so that was cool.

After his Presidential term, Trinnien took a break from Europeia before returning in a dramatic fashion to challenge incumbent President Calvin Coolidge in the next election. Trinn won, barely avoiding a runoff, and showed the power of his electoral persuasion. Tragedy struck when Trinn had to resign halfway through the term due to personal issues, and the term suffered under the transition to the new President.

Trinnien returned once again, however, and made his mark in his new role as Attorney General. He quickly became one of the most public facing individuals to take the role in recent times, advising the President from his front office in the Department of Justice, and getting his chance to have his day in Court, defending the Executive’s interests.

Lastly, this year saw the resignation of Mousebumples from her long-held position of World Assembly Delegate. Many worried that our influence would fall abroad, or that our education efforts would suffer. Then former Vice Deputy Trinnien stood for office and many of those fears were assuaged. His tenure so far has dutifully carried on the efforts of Mouse’s World Assembly Department, and this region is grateful.

Some Extra Nuggets:

I served under Trinnien’s first Presidential term and got to see up close the will and determination that he brings to each position he undertakes, the sincerity he holds in his heart, and the consideration that he gives his fellow citizens. Trinn is not afraid to go against the current, as we have seen through his involvement in many contentious debates from his battle with the Senate to his part in the December Senate election as a voter on the sidelines. He truly does his best to ensure that what he feels is best for the region has a better chance of succeeding than before, and I admire that. This region could use a few more Trinniens.

Thanks so much for this Calvin, this really means a lot. But this line "He truly does his best to ensure what he feels is best for the region has a better chance of succesding than before" really captures what motivates me and what I try to bring in any office i am in or even just as a citizen. I'm not always right or perfect, but I do care deeply.

Thank you again!

A well-deserved nomination! :) Good luck Trinn

Back