Sopo

If specified, this will replace the title that dis
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
He/Him
Europeian of the Year 2016 Nominee - Lethen
Organization of Independent Media

"The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Lethen.

Everyone knows Lethen. He is Europeia's most prolific poster, an admin request handler, Supreme Chancellor, and the first person many new members interact with on the forums. In 2016, Lethen did not serve as President. He did not serve as a Minister. He did not serve as a Senator. In fact, he did nothing exceptional beyond what he always does.

But what he always does is exceptional.

Few people have attempted to take on Lethen's near-daily task of processing citizenship applications and keeping our community safe through investigating applicants. I briefly served as an admin in 2011 to help Lethen with citizenship applications and security checks. Knowing the sheer number of applications that he goes through today (many more than in 2011), I can confidently say that his commitment to consistency and thoroughness is unmatched. He is our Ellis Island, welcoming new members with open arms, or, when necessary, showing them the door.

Beyond citizenship applications, Lethen has also served as Supreme Chancellor since 2012 when HEM elevated him to the region's highest ceremonial post, previously reserved for the Founder. Since then, Lethen has balanced HEM's big ideas with level-headedness. In April of 2016, Lethen oversaw the largest change in the Chancellery since his own appointment in 2012. With a heartfelt resignation letter addressed to Lethen, HEM resigned as Supreme Chancellor with no intent to return. Lethen, ever unphased, selected Mousebumples as HEM's successor and brought Drecq onto the team as Vice Chancellor. This group, helmed by Lethen, has maintained the integrity of our elections and has provided the region with continued stability.

Lethen is remarkable because he was just as committed to Europeia in 2016 as ever, if not moreso. Presidents come and go, but for the past four and a half years, Lethen has managed to balance his position as regional figurehead with continued active involvement in the day-to-day happenings of the region. If I can assert that the Europeian Dream is that we each have the opportunity to achieve great things in this community through hard work, then Lethen is the embodiment of that dream.

I am proud to call Lethen my friend, and I am even prouder to nominate him for the OIM's Europeian of the Year 2016 Award.

hyanygo said:
Good choice. Excellent, even.
Thanks. I wanted to honor Lethen for his long-term commitment to the region doing thankless tasks, and the year he succeeded HEM as "senior" Supreme Chancellor seemed very appropriate. It's hard to put his contributions into words because they're generally not as glamorous as those of our other nominees, but I truly feel no one is more deserving of this recognition. He's a trooper, and we're beyond lucky he uses his free time to do things for this region must of us wouldn't be willing to do.

An utterly exceptional man - there is no Europeia without the contributions of Lethen - wonderful choice ^_^

Wow, I had no idea this was happening. I'm truly honored (even if I don't have a chance at winning this versus such talented Europeians :emb: ).

Back