Lime

Lime Green At Last
Associate Justice
Senator
Cabinet
Deputy Minister
Citizen
Euro Weekly: Issue 1

Top Story: Trinnien resigns, HEM takes top job.

Today marks five days since Trinnien resigned as President of Europeia. Trinnien said that the reason for his resignation was due to real life issues. He started his resignation speech by listed what he believes makes Europeia great. Trinnien was elected as President with 50.7% of the vote and defeated the former President Calvin Coolidge along with Assemblyman Aditya Republic. His resignation was treated with sadness and shock but people all agreed that he had to put his personal health first.

In the wake of his resignation, Trinnien’s Vice President HEM took the reins of power becoming President of Europeia. His Inaugural Address titled "30 Days" praised his former boss to start with but then quick moved on to what he wants to accomplish. While there was no concrete plan laid out he did say that 30 days was not too short a time for a President or Minister to accomplish something great.

He nominated Common-Sense Politics who had been serving as Chief of Staff to succeed him as Vice President, the Senate quickly confirmed Common-Sense as Vice President. HEM also nominated Rand to serve as Minister of Orientation, where he would help manage the Civil Service and help to develop the game-side community.

The Senate however rejected Rand as Minister 4 votes to 3 with Rand voting abstain. The main reason for this it seemed was not because of the nominee but because of the new Ministry that would be created. The President, Speaker of Senate and Rand himself all expressed their disappointment with the Senate’s decision and while the public view is hard to see it does seem like most people are also disappointed with the decision. (We have set up a very simple poll to try and gather the views of the region on this issue, it can be filled in at the top of this page.) HEM has now nominated Rand to serve as a Minister without Portfolio, doing the same job but not creating a separate Ministry to do so. Speaker Malashaan is currently planning to bring this to vote later tonight.

Foreign News: Festival for Spirited Southern Rejects.

The South Pacific, The Rejected Realms and Spiritus all held a joined festival last week from the 1st of August to the 9th of August to celebrate the three regions strong bonds. The festival was mainly hosted on the Spiritus forums however it was also hosted on Discord and an IRC channel. There were forum games starting from day one of the festival with others opening up on day three. There were also lots of live events including a music stream on the Opening and Closing days of the festival, along with two gaming nights and a live round table. Over all the festival was very popular though maybe not quite as much as you would have expected from a festival with three regions in it, one being a feeder as well.

Opinion: So First Issue.....

Well this is the end of the first issue, you shouldn’t be surprised it is a first issue by one person. I set up this newspaper as I found that most if not all of the newspapers in Europeia are mainly just opinion based and don’t give the facts as a newspaper should. I can’t promise too much for this newspaper, I am just one person and I can’t write satirical pieces like some and while I don’t mind role-play, writing articles on role-play is really dull. However I can offer local news, foreign news, interviews and opinion pieces. It’s not going to become an amazing newspaper however I do hope that you’ll come to look forward to checking Euro on a Tuesday night and reading Euro Weekly.

Disclaimer: this publication is the opinion of its author and does not necessarily reflect the views of Euro Weekly.

You are correct in your assessment that many ''newspapers'' easily or often veer towards opinion, leaving facts to be discovered by the reader. If you're serious and dedicated to providing a more fact-based reporting, this can only be supported and encouraged. Interesting first issue; I like the short survey at the top!

Klatonia said:
You are correct in your assessment that many ''newspapers'' easily or often veer towards opinion, leaving facts to be discovered by the reader. If you're serious and dedicated to providing a more fact-based reporting, this can only be supported and encouraged. Interesting first issue; I like the short survey at the top!
Thanks for your support! I only actually included a poll because I saw the little option at the side and I thought "hey this might be a good idea!" Though I probably shouldn't be telling you that. :)

Thanks for this issue - and sorry for my own delay in noticing it!

I agree with Klatonia that the poll is an interesting addition. Nice first issue!

Back