Mixed Opinions on Current Reform Proposals

1542070697183.png

1542074723284.png

1542074760785.png

1542074788377.png

1542074807450.png

1542074836027.png

1542074849603.png

I like unicameral because it is simple :)

The legislative reform needs to stay foundational with the current system but offering a purpose to the lower body. This can be done by giving the lower body more power

As I said in UV's poll: As the reforms become increasingly radical and certain Senators seem to want it their way or the highway I'm starting to turn against reform. I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that our issue isn't the current setup it was a lack of participation. Moderate reform may still be beneficial but the current hardliners in the Senate won't accept that - they want radical reform. Of course I can't say this in public because I'll be ripped to pieces and my political career will be endangered. It is really no suprise to see that their hardline approach is turning people off reform.

Kari is very rude, she is always harrasing others and her attitude is toxic. If she has problems in real life, she should NOT be playing. Nationstates is to have fun, not to be bossing people around with mean comments and harrasing. She has a disgusting personality and I am sick of her.

Senator Prim's way of debating is beyond appaling and he should be held accountable. He should resign inmediately because of his inability to debate properly like HEM listening to others. Prim has become vicious towards the more moderate members on reform, and as a public servant it's simply unacceptable. His visceral fight against OD has diminished the integrity of the office he holds.

I've definitely made my feelings known. It's clear there has been a shift in the feeling for the reform currently before the Senate. Its good that the Senators are noticing that many in the region don't feel as they do with regards to some of the current reform package. I would rather work together to bridge the gap rather than continuing to be worked against.

I agree with the previous poll about Kari's meanness, it has to stop. She is highly toxic and she has to know that is not acceptable for some of us. I'm tired of her toxic statements on discord and on the forums. The reform debate has brought the worst of her. I hate her toxic tone and aggressive interventions. Always picking on someone or someone's statements. She has to tone it down because she is not making it nice for some in Europeia.

I support current reform, but I agree Kari's temper is out of place, there is something wrong about her bitterness

Last edited:
This is a very interesting set of results. Frustrating that people don't always feel the need to speak up, and I would have loved if we had a cross-tabulation of this information with a respondent's time in Euro but too late :p

Oh look, the same little group of people came out again to hide behind anonymity and cross some lines attacking Kari and Prim. "Disgusting?" "Highly toxic?" "Should resign?" The unfortunate thing about anonymous comments is that we don't have any actual context or further background info like why someone feels that way or what personal vendetta they have against a player or why they think its appropriate to refer to someone as having a disgusting personality.

If they truly feel this strongly, they should say this in public. Now though, it looks like they're more content using the comments as hit-pieces to simply attack players they don't agree with. Here are some words for that behavior: toxic; disgusting; harassing. I'm not going to say sexist out-right, but I do find it interesting that Prim and Kari both seem to be the targets of push-back yet all the worst comments (some of which go beyond the pale) are all exclusively directed at the female player in this case.

I'm not going to say sexist out-right, but I do find it interesting that Prim and Kari both seem to be the targets of push-back yet all the worst comments (some of which go beyond the pale) are all exclusively directed at the female player in this case.
Social bias from patriarchical cultural norms. Aggressive men are good, aggressive women are bad. Same reason people hate Hillary Clinton.

Prim has never in his life been described as "aggressive". :p

But Izzy is correct in this case, women tend to be judged more harshly for assertiveness than men.

Nice to see that people being judged by their merit, work and the arguments they make is little more than a facade to make the region seem "enlightened."

Thank god we have an anonymous commenter to tell us what is wrong with everyone. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I find the presentation and results here fascinating. Great work.

As I said in Mixlr last night, this comment is mine.

I've definitely made my feelings known. It's clear there has been a shift in the feeling for the reform currently before the Senate. Its good that the Senators are noticing that many in the region don't feel as they do with regards to some of the current reform package. I would rather work together to bridge the gap rather than continuing to be worked against

Prim has never in his life been described as "aggressive". :p

But Izzy is correct in this case, women tend to be judged more harshly for assertiveness than men.
It's part of the reasoning behind the gender pay gap as well. A woman is usually seen in a negative light when she goes to ask for a raise, whereas a man is typically not. The man is perceived as being ambitious and "willing to go after what he deserves", and the woman is sadly seen as "greedy", even if she has a genuine need or justification for an increase to her income.

Back