ENN Gossip Blog

Leo Drakan said:
Drexlore Greyjoy said:
Leo Drakan said:
Rach does not have the article on ovations. I just hunted through them all :blink:
I just did a topic search for for the word Ovation....
I went into every thread and checked for the word Ovation...
She may have just referred to "Honored Citizens" ? (or probably "Honoured Citizens" - idk if her Canadian slipped through :p )

Haven Looking To Be Restored?

The results on Haven's dissolution referendum were surprisingly close. What was expected to be a landslide election to shutter Haven eventually came down to a razor-thin 53-47% vote. Indeed, the vote was so close that the Governor himself refused to close voting, as a mere two more would change the outcome of the race. Both sides are now reportedly calling foul. All information in this article is from our exclusive source in Haven, the former town drunk, Bopo.

"The Governor tried to rig the results in order to bus in more illegal voters," former Haven barkeep Donald Drumpf told ENN. "It was a crooked scam, Crooked Alan tired to keep the corrupt Haven around!!"

But not everyone see it that way.

"While voting was still open, a rouge Speaker took it upon himself to close elections at a decisive point in the vote," ENN Commentator Paul Krugman says. "Very nebulous behavior that throws the outcome in doubt!"

Some former Haven citizens have organized a committee to restore Haven to it's rightful place as the crown jewel of the Europeian States System. Others have responded by burning their Haven swag in celebration.

HEM Not Seen Since Opening of Jorts Theme Park in Summer 2016

Following an initial report of Paul Rudd's Jortopia opening in June 2016, HEM remains missing in action.

"Look, this guy has ridden 'Lose Your Jorts' every morning for 18 months and hasn't lost his jorts even once," revealed Carl, a rollercoaster operator at the park. "He's a legend around here."

Carl showed us a photo album of novelty scream-pics depicting HEM on the ride each day since the park's opening. At the beginning, the photos are intense, but as the days drag into months, HEM begins to do other things while on the ride. One photo from two weeks ago reveals HEM doing his taxes. All the research for Does It Matter When Presidential Candidates Post Their Platforms? occurred while on the coaster. "You'd think the drops would through him off, but his resilience is incredible," added Carl.

Down at the corn dog stand, we found Lethen waiting in line. "Yeah, he keeps telling me to meet him at the park, but I've never actually been able to find him," bemoans Lethen. "He always has some excuse for why he can't get off the 'Denim Drop' and come talk to me. After all these years, I just want to meet the man behind the jorts."

In order to fund his daily amusement park visits, HEM has begun to work for Jortopia as its mascot, "Blake Jortles," a football-throwing, life-sized pair of Daisy Dukes. Unfortunately for our founder, he's constantly sacked by loitering teenagers who then upload the videos to YouTube. This week, "Dumb Mascot Tackle" reached one million views.

One thing is for certain, HEM continues to juggle his responsibilities as Europeia's Chief Admin and Founder while living his dream.

Bump: this just in, anonymous Jort theme park employee has been wandering around the park waiting to be told what to do.

We approached the president for a quote, but she was unavailable for comment.

Izzy rebuilding Cosmopolitan Party in advance of First Minister run

Opportunistic scavengers who comb through the trash of important Europeians in pursuit of valuables to sell on eBay gave ENN an exclusive tip-off that former Speaker Izzy was working to rebuild his long stagnant Cosmopolitan Party in advance of a run for First Minister.

"I saw an old photograph [In Izzy's trash] with the words 'grow' and 'run' on them," one of the scavengers said. "Yeah, it might've been in reference to his workout routine earlier this year, but I don't think so."

The party has added several members in the past week, though one of them, Whitmark, has since announced he is running with another First Minister ticket.

The party has added several members in the past week, though one of them, Whitmark, has since announced he is running with another First Minister ticket.
Unsure of the exact meaning here, but both are part of the ECP (even if they're not running with the ECP on ticket).

Unsure of the exact meaning here, but both are part of the ECP (even if they're not running with the ECP on ticket).
Whitmark was the only new arrival though (i think? (i wrote this pretty late last night))

Whitmark was the only new arrival though (i think? (i wrote this pretty late last night))
I mean technically no -- Pichto left ages back and rejoined, but he was in the party previously so I'm unsure if that counts.

Pichto was, in fact, a founding member.

Izzy rebuilding Cosmopolitan Party in advance of First Minister run

Opportunistic scavengers who comb through the trash of important Europeians in pursuit of valuables to sell on eBay gave ENN an exclusive tip-off that former Speaker Izzy was working to rebuild his long stagnant Cosmopolitan Party in advance of a run for First Minister.

"I saw an old photograph [In Izzy's trash] with the words 'grow' and 'run' on them," one of the scavengers said. "Yeah, it might've been in reference to his workout routine earlier this year, but I don't think so."

LOL! No. I am not running for First Minister. I appreciate the free advertising for the ECP, though. I will release an announcement later today.

Besides, if you're going to parlay ECP membership into a position, wouldn't that be CoS?

Besides, if you're going to parlay ECP membership into a position, wouldn't that be CoS?
I mean, developing a power base is a plus for any position I'd imagine.

Back