ENN Election Platforms Chat — Foreign Affairs

Kaboom said:
Festavo said:
You don't have any of the needed qualifications to be President. You don't have the experience for it, the ideas for it, and the demeanor for it. I'm sorry. it's something you can work on.
I'm just gonna say this - I ran for President in September 2015 when I had fewer posts and less experience than Snowball does now, and got more than 20% of the vote against a two-term incumbent. Experience isn't the be-all and end-all of a Presidential campaign, although it is pretty important. Their ideas can't necessarily be dismissed out of hand just because they're inexperienced.
Your point would be valid if Snowball had good ideas.

In the World Assembly, only 10KI, Europeia, and Europe can compete. Two of those, 10KI and Europe, can compete with the GCRs as they have more endorsements than TEP but less than TSP while not being close to TP, TWP, or TNP. Europeia sits somewhere between the Feeders and the Sinkers, where we're far more influential in the WA than the Sinkers but far less influential than the Feeders. The only other Nations that come close to the Sinker belong to the Commonwealth of Liberty and The Internationale. Now, unless something changes, that means that the only regions that are significantly influential in the World Assembly consist of the GCRs and regions which have never interacted with us and likely never will. If we want to further our WA goals, cooperation with GCRs is a necessity.

The Communist Bloc maintains 281 endorsements as well, in the same niche as Europeia between Feeders and Sinkers. Other notable UCRs include Social Liberal Union (80 endos) and the former Augustin Alliance (about 140 combined). Combined those 3 examples add up to 501, more than Euro's two most likely new GCR partners (TEP and Osiris) combined.

In piler forces, TNP and TP have far and away the largest piler forces in NS.

TITO is the largest military force in NS as Europeia experienced firsthand in Philippines a few weeks back. NPO is weaker at the moment because The Devil's Game (LOL) is dying a slow and painful death. TNP was pushing 40 pilers under Gladio early this year but have since weakened to the mid 20s.

Even if we were to look towards the Military Organizations for assistance in piling, the largest ones are The Invaders, The Black Hawks, and The Grey Wardens. Two of these, TI and TGW, are not legitimate options while we already work with The Black Hawks on occasion.

The Invaders haven't had more than 10 people since Knot left, which was over 8 months ago now.

We've already got relationships with Independent regions partial to our cause and with noticeable militaries such as the UK and KGB. Who is left that makes as big an impact as the GCRs?

I don't notice UK at all.

Once again going to raise the point of the staunchly independent, large, and militarily active former Augustin Alliance who were putting 15+ pilers into regions just from Conch Kingdom. The 3 largest former AA members are all around double the size of United Kingdom in terms of WA members. And their military is certainly bigger than your best bets of TEP and Osiris.

Finally, there's influence which is the hardest metric to quantify. Even with it being hard to quantify, it's hard to say that any relationship we build with a UCR will be as influential as those we build with GCRs. With GCRs, we find ourselves connected to forces that can change the course of World Assembly votes, large scale military operations, and which can more easily change Foreign Affairs landscapes. With UCRs, all of that requires a well-established region which has had the time to build up their influence and infrastructure both for their military and internal governance. They then have to pair that with uncommon activity, such as ours at a rate of 7 active citizens to 110 nations. There are an extremely small amount of regions that can claim that they meet those requirements and even when they can, very rarely will they find themselves large enough to make an impact and that's assuming that they have people capable of being influential among their much more limited population.

UCRs also have a founder whose region forms around them, you're not going to get that level of consistency out of any GCR other than The NPO and TRR, both of which you've astutely discounted earlier.

The Communist Bloc maintains 281 endorsements as well, in the same niche as Europeia between Feeders and Sinkers.

You're right, I accidentally skipped over them when looking at my list. TCB is an option, certainly, but one that has already been explored and one which has struggled with its activity ever since it lost the driving personality that was Zenny. If we want to interact with them again we have to question all of the things that have made our past relationships with them fail.

TITO is the largest military force in NS as Europeia experienced firsthand in Philippines a few weeks back.

10KI is also not an option so the point is moot. They're not only completely counter to our interests but have flat out refused any offers of working together that I have heard about.

Once again going to raise the point of the staunchly independent, large, and militarily active former Augustin Alliance who were putting 15+ pilers into regions just from Conch Kingdom. The 3 largest former AA members are all around double the size of United Kingdom in terms of WA members. And their military is certainly bigger than your best bets of TEP and Osiris.

The Augustin Alliance is not only defunct but also operated without an off-site forum. Given that every one of our partners in the past have maintained an off-site forum, such as we have as the defining part of our region, it would be a major break in our tradition to go outside of that. Even if we were to look at the former members themselves for potential regions, only one of them has an offsite forum. While a relationship with Conch Kingdom would be lovely, I don't believe it would be as beneficial as one with a GCR that shares some of our outlooks.

Other notable UCRs include Social Liberal Union (80 endos) and the former Augustin Alliance (about 140 combined).

Most of my argument in regards to the former Alliance has been made, but SLU is certainly an option that we've worked along side with the Arnhelm Declaration in the past. The question there is not if we wish to work with them but rather if they wish to work with us.

UCRs also have a founder whose region forms around them, you're not going to get that level of consistency out of any GCR other than The NPO and TRR, both of which you've astutely discounted earlier.

Any sensible Europeian leader would discount a formal relationship with the NPO and TRR unless their current policy changed.

We've seen UCRs who have found themselves dealing with a level of inconsistency so great that it ruins their ability to be effective partners. Think of TCB under Zenny when the interests changed constantly and The Allied States when their founder took it upon himself to damage their interests. UCRs can be just as finicky as GCRs so long as they possess a democratic leadership with a founder willing to allow their region to act outside their interests.

Festavo said:
Kaboom said:
Festavo said:
You don't have any of the needed qualifications to be President. You don't have the experience for it, the ideas for it, and the demeanor for it. I'm sorry. it's something you can work on.
I'm just gonna say this - I ran for President in September 2015 when I had fewer posts and less experience than Snowball does now, and got more than 20% of the vote against a two-term incumbent. Experience isn't the be-all and end-all of a Presidential campaign, although it is pretty important. Their ideas can't necessarily be dismissed out of hand just because they're inexperienced.
But it is a valid point. He is saying that you should at least consider me. If you don't like my ideas, so be it. But you don't need to " never read snowball's (platform) fully." and don't see me as a serious candidate.
Also, are all of my ideas horrible? Ive taken the same approach to things as some of the other candidates
Also, saying I am inexperienced is a interesting comment from you. No offence but...
Group: Senator
Member #6,747
You have only posted 151 times. Ive posted 875 times
I joined last December, you joined this June.
So what gives you much more experience than me.
In other words, what is your definition of experiance

Comrade Snowball said:
Festavo said:
Kaboom said:
Festavo said:
But it is a valid point. He is saying that you should at least consider me. If you don't like my ideas, so be it. But you don't need to " never read snowball's (platform) fully." and don't see me as a serious candidate.
Also, are all of my ideas horrible? Ive taken the same approach to things as some of the other candidates
Also, saying I am inexperienced is a interesting comment from you. No offence but...
Member #6,747
1: I skimmed it enough to see it's just bad ideas mixed with decent ideas that better candidates are already proposing
2: I'm not running for President here. You are. My experience in this region is not as important because I'm not asking people to elect me as President. It's also worth noting that I've been a GCR delegate, a Head of Government equivalent in a large UCR, and a legislator in a handful of regions. But again, I'm not the one running here.

Festavo said:
Comrade Snowball said:
Festavo said:
Kaboom said:
Festavo said:
Member #6,747
1: I skimmed it enough to see it's just bad ideas mixed with decent ideas that better candidates are already proposing
2: I'm not running for President here. You are. My experience in this region is not as important because I'm not asking people to elect me as President. It's also worth noting that I've been a GCR delegate, a Head of Government equivalent in a large UCR, and a legislator in a handful of regions. But again, I'm not the one running here.
1. If theres one thing my language arts teacher told me, its that you never should skim
2.''I will admit that I lack the in depth knowledge of Europeian history and the current state of what needs to be fixed or improved on.''. This quote was taken from your senatorial thread.

There is a big difference between President and Senator, Snowball. I suggest that Senator would be a good position for you. I hope you run next term.

Festavo said:
There is a big difference between President and Senator, Snowball. I suggest that Senator would be a good position for you. I hope you run next term.
Ok

10KI is also not an option so the point is moot. They're not only completely counter to our interests but have flat out refused any offers of working together that I have heard about.

Forgive me if I wasn't clear, I wasn't mentioning 10ki as a possible partner. I brought them up because the prospective commander-in-chief of an exclusively raider military should know that a defender force is the largest in the game. Many a raid has ended because TITO won the pile off.

The Augustin Alliance is not only defunct but also operated without an off-site forum. Given that every one of our partners in the past have maintained an off-site forum, such as we have as the defining part of our region, it would be a major break in our tradition to go outside of that. Even if we were to look at the former members themselves for potential regions, only one of them has an offsite forum. While a relationship with Conch Kingdom would be lovely, I don't believe it would be as beneficial as one with a GCR that shares some of our outlooks.

Isn't the Alliance being defunct a golden opportunity for a new partner like Europeia to step into the fray? And even if you only build a relationship with Conch Kingdom the former AA still maintains a unified military.

exclusively raider military should know that a defender force is the largest in the game.

Yes, when TITO mobilizes they can certainly be the largest military force in the game, but what difference does it make? TITO looks at us, and many of our friends, like a blight. They chose to remain, silently, in their region until they find a cause worthy of their attention. Usually, that cause is completely inconsequential to us. As long as they maintain their current path they are, and should remain, immaterial to our interests. There's no further reason to discuss them in relation to our foreign agenda.

exclusively raider military

I don't think you know how Independence works.

Being Independent isn't about balancing the type of operations the military undertakes nor is it about military action for the sake of military action. Europeia chooses to engage in raiding because it allows us to further the interests we've built up over years. If defending furthered our interests, we'd certainly do that but it doesn't and hasn't for years. It hasn't furthered our interests since Defenderdom began denouncing our name and the name of our allies.

Go on though, judge from your predetermined position with the knowledge that you don't really give a shit about Europeia or what we stand for except how it relates to you.

You're misconstruing my words, as can be seen by the level of soap boxing that just occurred while you only quoted 17% of my tiny 88 word post.

TITO is relevant when planning joint operations with allies, because their very existence warrants an increased amount of caution in planning raids.

I'm also not judging that the ERN only raids for the most part, I'm not a fan of it obviously, but its a pretty simple statement of fact that offensive operations are Europeia's wheelhouse. Not sure why you feel the need to segue from that into a speech about how Independence doesn't mean balancing Invading and Defending, which I never mentioned at all. Or the personal attack on me for that matter.

Altmoras said:
Or the personal attack on me for that matter.
Allow me to amplify this point: you are an asshole.

Unlike your home region, Europeia is not hell-bent on subverting and destroying other regional communities. We are an open society. You are taking advantage of that openness to try to influence our elections for the benefit of your home region, which is committed to our destruction. Perhaps our laws allow you to do this (though as a Senator, I'll be looking into changing that), but they don't require me to be nice to you while you're doing it, you little piece of shit.

Skizzy Grey said:
Altmoras said:

Unlike your home region, Europeia is not hell-bent on subverting and destroying other regional communities. We are an open society. You are taking advantage of that openness to try to influence our elections for the benefit of your home region, which is committed to our destruction. Perhaps our laws allow you to do this (though as a Senator, I'll be looking into changing that), but they don't require me to be nice to you while you're doing it, you little piece of shit.
lol k

Altmoras said:
Skizzy Grey said:
Altmoras said:

lol k
Errr is skizzys comment legal?
Though I agree with everything he said
Criminal code said:
Felonies

(6) Anyone who cyber-stalks, intimidates, threatens, blackmails, doxxes, or seriously distresses a citizen of Europeia in any way that makes them feel vulnerable, without security, or without freedom of choice, is guilty of the offense Threatening Conduct under this law and liable to a punishment at judicial discretion not exceeding an eight (8) month ban.
So if Alt feels threatened and vulnerable, then it might be a felony

Festavo said:
Honestly, if calling somebody a piece of shit is a felony then I don't know what to say.
I was referring to the targeted statement that could possibly make Alt feel unwelcome and threatened

Festavo said:
Honestly, if calling somebody a piece of shit is a felony then I don't know what to say.
lol I'll survive, not going to waste anyone's time by pressing charges that everyone knows won't go anywhere because someone said some mean words on the internet.

A tad concerned about the threat of purging me from my first region and the concerning blurred IC/OOC attacks, but if it happens it happens, nothing I can do.

I'll go back to spamming now, nobody accuses me of trying to influence elections and being an asshole there.

Back