ENN Election Chat — Discussion On Exclusive Results Of Latest Poll

Lethen said:
You're assuming that some of those low-engagement voters won't stick around and become high-engagement voters. Its also a weak argument to say that having a voting base of low-engagement voters will weaken a mandate: with the way we're set up, the low-engagement voter will always greatly outnumber active and semi-active players. Every major election has a decent portion of low-engagement voters that vote. And the "active and semi-active players" doesn't even take into account those that are involved politically and forum-side, and those that primarily care about the social side of things and are mainly active on Discord.
Decent-yes, outsized, no.

You're assuming any or more than perhaps one or two of them (if that) actually stick around for any length of time. I might be wrong, but when Aex pulled a similar style of GOTV for WAD (though not to the same degree) we didn't see a whole lot of new activity from low-engagement players.

I couldn't comment on that unless I saw the proverbial numbers, but since we don't know who voted, we can't cross-check that list of names with players that become active soon after. Which is a shame.

Back