Election Dissection

PhDre said:
Zenny is in 7th position right now without a platform.
Ah, I forgot that Zenny didn't have a platform, and that Matt actually does have one.

PhDre said:
As a side note, I've gone back and attempted to chart Senate composition throughout elections and by-elections, going back to August 2012. In July 2013 there were 5 candidates for 5 seats including 2 returning Senators. In September 2013 we had 2 Senators competing as well. Besides that we haven't had less than 3 returning Senators running in a Senate election, until this election. Interpret that as you will.
RZM was running until his recent appointment to Cabinet (just confirmed), and Yuri's been MIA, so I'm not surprised by this.

Add me to those that believe that all candidates who are serious about holding elected office should at least post a Q&A thread, if they can't be bothered to write up a serious platform. The unwillingness to engage with potential voters does not seem to bode well for potential responsiveness to said voters should those candidates be elected to the Senate in the coming election.

Mousebumples said:
Add me to those that believe that all candidates who are serious about holding elected office should at least post a Q&A thread, if they can't be bothered to write up a serious platform. The unwillingness to engage with potential voters does not seem to bode well for potential responsiveness to said voters should those candidates be elected to the Senate in the coming election.
I agree immensely.

Your analysis may well be correct CSP, but I don't think any incumbent Senator should feel or actually be safe. All Senators, myself included, were far less active than we should have been this term. Perhaps the only exception to this has been Modern Sin, who was relatively active for his partial term.

Zenny's had more substance in her Q&A answers, however belated, than some incumbents have in their platforms. Both Zenny and Imperium could provide a shot of much needed enthusiasm to the Senate. I would like to see them both elected, even if it means an incumbent or one of the all-star candidates misses a seat.

Back