former
Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his
"Are Things Actually Happening?"
ENN Anonymous

This piece was submitted anonymously to ENN. After editorial review and light revisions it has been published in full here

If President Rach governs in the same way she writes platforms, we may be in for a burst of activity during the last week of her term. As it stands, things are pretty dead around here. Both Rach and Malashaan have been less than present lately. Despite a lively round of Republic Square polls, the president has failed to deliver any meaningful policies or even posts. Calls to action by ministers on Discord fall on deaf ears despite a bounty of AMs on paper. Even the pleasant Discord chatting has fallen off over the past few weeks.

It shouldn’t take an administrative ban to light up the forums. Someone other than Writinglegend should be capable of being president. We shouldn't have to rely on veterans like Sopo to serve in Cabinet. Leadership has to start at the top, and those at the bottom need to have something to strive for. We’ve drifted into complacency and no one has noticed. Are these things happening?

Since President Rach’s opening speech, she has posted 20 topics in the Republic Square, 5 in the Spam Zone, 2 in the Swakistek Conference Hall (today), and 1 each in the Goldenblock, the Gamers’ Guild, the Debate Hall, and the Admin Bureau. A few more serious topics might be in order.

Though I can’t claim to know everything that goes on in private subforums or on Discord, the trend I see is not good. More than anything, I hope this is a wakeup call for the president. She has a duty to the people of Europeia that is not currently being fulfilled.

I hope things improve.

##​

ENN has received the following comment following the publication of the article. At the citizen's request, all identifying information has been removed prior to publication:

"One thing ENN's article didn't mention is the inactivity of civil service. I applied as an Assistant Minister after the election and I'm still waiting for work from my department. It's been over a month. I wonder how many others are waiting too. I like my Minister, but I wonder why there hasn't been an update in almost two full months."

Although I cannot speak for them, I don't think I am alone among some of my colleagues in the cabinet when I say that having enthusiastic AMs is not a luxury we all enjoy.

Activity in the region has dropped substantialy. If not for HEM's jump starting of the spam zone, Posts count would be entirely colapsing.

Post 1: Nothing is happening!
Post 2: My Minister isn't giving me work.
Post 3: My AMs won't do work I assign.
Post 4: The sky is falling.

I seriously don't even know what to make of this.

Please come join and discuss any ideas you have for changing Euro and driving new and interesting activity!
http://s6.zetaboards.com/Europeia/topic/10029930/1/

Ideas from current Ministers would be greatly appreciated, especially in relation to how to handle AMs and any changes.

Although i am known as a critic of Rach, i will defend her and her ministers in this moment. The activity decline is more due to seasonal factors as opposed to lack of direction. For example, I am inactive not because i have not been given work, I have been given quite a bit of work, it is instead my overwhelming workload IRL that takes precedence. For example, I am regularly pinged regarding matters in the WA Ministry, Radio, and Comms. I do my best to get things done with my IRL workload and ministers have been very understanding of the current situation. I think that we should give the administration a week or so as i believe the current shortfalls will pass soon.

Olde Delaware said:
What kind of seasonal factors could cause issues in February?
Don't we all get tired in February? :p

Olde Delaware said:
as someone who works in finance, This is tax/year end season so we are all very busy with that. When i was in college this was when my first tests began and resulted in a ton of work very quickly. In high school, this was the midterm season which ended mid to late february in my old school. other people probably have a ton going on as well, for example this is around the time convention planning finish up so that's a thing as well.

Nick Powell said:
Olde Delaware said:
as someone who works in finance, This is tax/year end season so we are all very busy with that. When i was in college this was when my first tests began and resulted in a ton of work very quickly. In high school, this was the midterm season which ended mid to late february in my old school. other people probably have a ton going on as well, for example this is around the time convention planning finish up so that's a thing as well.
Well I can understand RL and stuff picking up for you but is it really reasonable to assume that everyone else involved in the Government either Cabinet or AM would also have the same flair up of extra responsibility in February?

Nick Powell said:
Olde Delaware said:
oh my god there is officially a "seasonal" explanation for inactivity in any part of the year now.

(February is historically one of the most active months).

I guarantee this is not a seasonal issue.

Seasonal? In February? :emb:

Back