Administrative Ban: Vac

HEM said:
The dossier was not helpful, and that's why we strongly discourage anyone from doing something like that again.
I just want to emphasize this. There was a very real possibility at one point in our investigation that the conclusion was going to be "we can't take action because we can't make a fair and impartial decision." It took a lot of work and some tough decisions on our part to get past that.

To be clear, I am confident we did get past that and the investigation was fair and impartial, but it was a huge challenge. It would have been much easier if we'd just been connected directly with the witnesses rather than getting testimony through a third party filter.

This isn't necessarily a question of whether the person who speaks to the witness does a good job. It's just a lot easier to draw out the important details and assess credibility when you interview a witness directly rather than receive a log or summary after the fact. This is the basis of the real-life hearsay rule which, to massively simplify, generally requires the original witness to testify in court, not someone they told their story to.

Malashaan said:
HEM said:
The dossier was not helpful, and that's why we strongly discourage anyone from doing something like that again.
I just want to emphasize this. There was a very real possibility at one point in our investigation that the conclusion was going to be "we can't take action because we can't make a fair and impartial decision." It took a lot of work and some tough decisions on our part to get past that.

To be clear, I am confident we did get past that and the investigation was fair and impartial, but it was a huge challenge. It would have been much easier if we'd just been connected directly with the witnesses rather than getting testimony through a third party filter.

This isn't necessarily a question of whether the person who speaks to the witness does a good job. It's just a lot easier to draw out the important details and assess credibility when you interview a witness directly rather than receive a log or summary after the fact. This is the basis of the real-life hearsay rule which, to massively simplify, generally requires the original witness to testify in court, not someone they told their story to.
I applaud your dossier and encourage you to draft more in other cases, if necessary, in spite of the condemnation by the respected members of the Administrative Bureau.

I applaud your dossier and encourage you to draft more in other cases, if necessary, in spite of the condemnation by the respected members of the Administrative Bureau.

The addendum portion, of course, a matter of opinion, was truly unnecessary and in my opinion, unprofessional. This administrative ban was full of informative material that was important to read until I got to, it seems, the opinion section of some newspaper article.

Vac and I were friends, however, this ruling was extremely appropriate and definitely makes this community safer than it was prior to its promulgation.

Vac is, in all honesty, a good guy. He did some bad things however towards many, he was perceived as a kind-hearted individual who was very welcoming and assisting with whatever you needed assistance with.

I'd like to personally applaud all parties and thank you for the hard work that was put into this investigation and ultimate ban of Vac Mercer.

Shawn Carter said:
Malashaan said:
HEM said:

The addendum portion, of course, a matter of opinion, was truly unnecessary and in my opinion, unprofessional. This administrative ban was full of informative material that was important to read until I got to, it seems, the opinion section of some newspaper article.

Vac and I were friends, however, this ruling was extremely appropriate and definitely makes this community safer than it was prior to its promulgation.

Vac is, in all honesty, a good guy. He did some bad things however towards many, he was perceived as a kind-hearted individual who was very welcoming and assisting with whatever you needed assistance with.

I'd like to personally applaud all parties and thank you for the hard work that was put into this investigation and ultimate ban of Vac Mercer.
uh

:unsure:

I always thought Vac was lame. Not the biggest surprise. I’m sorry to the people he threatened.

Thank you for protecting this community from such individuals. During my short experience in NS, I have never really encountered Vac. From what I read here, I would rather prefer to stay it that way.

As for the dossier, thanks for disclosing that it existed, it is rather bad when it is not transparent on what do admins base their actions.

I had no idea and I'm truly shocked to be honest; thank you for keeping our region safe HEM and others.

Back