Search results

1. Prim

[EBC Special Report] Senate Sleeps as People Lead

One of the problems between Senate oversight and PA oversight is that currently the Senate oversight has "teeth" - if a minister or Pres fails to respond, they are violating the law. If we move oversight to the PA, we should likely remove that. And then if the President or a minister feels that...
  2. Prim

[EBC Special Report] Senate Sleeps as People Lead

We need to be more willing to push on the President to answer for the activity of their ministers. As much as I don't think we want to make the job of President any more burdensome, selecting effective ministers is probably the most critical aspect of the job.
  3. Prim

Keeping up to Date for those countries that have applied for citizenship

It can take a few days to process citizenship. You're welcome to chat on discord or on the forums here until then, you don't need citizenship to introduce yourself to people and start talking.
  4. Prim

Senate clerks embezzled millions from parkade, AG says

Yes, officer, this post right here -- :P
  5. Prim

Freefall in Delegate Endorsements

Yeah, I seem to recall there were a lot of allied sailors tied up elsewhere, but then those holds cleared up just in time and they all came in and pushed us over within an update or two of when UPC was confirmed.
  6. Prim

Freefall in Delegate Endorsements

This was the smoothest transition I've ever been a part of -- almost flawless. I think we went from confirmation to transition in less than a day.
  7. Prim

Additional Administrative Update: Festavo/Dionysus

Fully agreed - I didn't interact with Fest as Dionysus, but I do think that it is impossible for them to show growth, change, or remorse for their past actions when those same actions are being re-broadcast for those who weren't around for the initial ban 6 years ago. So, for those players...
  8. Prim

Op-Ed: Do we have too many Honoured Citizens?

Oh, I see -- it read like sarcasm to me, probably because it sounded overly bureaucratic. :LOL:
  9. Prim

Op-Ed: Do we have too many Honoured Citizens?

I think GraV was being sarcastic. :P
  10. Prim

[Arnhelm Alt] POLL RESULTS: JayDee Beats RoE, Generic Beats JayDee

"Generic Other Candidate" polls are very tough to interpret well because it's not the same person that everyone is envisioning. Everyone is sort of envisioning their own hypothetical competitor so JayDee has to compete against all possible alternatives. Once someone actually hops in the race...
  11. Prim

A Brief History of Executive Orders

I will note -- I am not an opponent of Executive Orders. I actually liked the flurry of activity kicked up by spicy EOs. We always had great discussions after a serious EO. But, I also saw a problematic trend in our recent active members of over-complicating procedures and "checks and balances"...
  12. Prim

Senate End-Of-Term and Election Poll Analysis

I supported the recalibration amendment obviously, but the poll was only 24 responses. When we tend to have 50-70 votes in elections, it's tough to extrapolate too much from this. I was surprised by that result as well.
  13. Prim

[Arnhelm Alt] Opinion: Kaz Must Go as DEIA

It's one that anyone with eyes could see for months. Now it's just out in the open instead of seething beneath the surface. I am genuinely concerned for our region that, during one of the most tenuous political moments in recent history, we're forcibly removing the power of our government to...
  14. Prim

I'm sad no one took the opportunity to write a zero word article titled "The Bare Minimum".
  15. Prim

IT'S ALIVE!!!

It was almost found in contempt of court.
  16. Prim

Admin Task Thread

I can still see the boardroom of bar examiners. Can my masking be updated to remove me from there? Rand is the new Bar Secretary.
  17. Prim

Admin Task Thread

Following Rand's election linked above, Please remove me from Board of Bar Examiners/Bar Secretary role -- I can still see the Boardroom.
  18. Prim

[euro538ia] August 2023 Presidential Liveblog

I will note some personal observations on political topics and vote turnout. Newer, more experimental, bolder voters tend to vote early and quickly. Older, more "conservative", more cautious voters tend to vote later and over time. Apologies for the "conservative" adjective, but in Europeian...
  19. Prim

New Ticket Fails to Break Through on Eve of Debate

Can I bottle some of your confidence? You have it in spades, I'd love to be on your side of an issue sometime soon!
Back