Jorts Connoisseur
Honoured Citizen
Citizen
Pronouns
he / him / his

"Former Speaker Accuses Reformists Of Duplicity"
HEM
Editor-In-Chief

A debate on constituent communications has erupted across Europeia, sparked by an EBC article written by Vice President Pierce. In the article, the Vice President reveals that Senator Prim has citizen Olde Delaware blocked on Discord, and whether it's acceptable for a representative to have a citizen on a blocked list. The article leaves it largely as an open question for readers to discuss, though Pierce concludes that a "bitter taste is left in his mouth" at the thought of a Senator blocking as anything but a last resort.

The dialogue that resulted from the article was mixed, with many saying they would care far more about a Senator blocking a citizen on the forum—when government business takes place—than on Discord, which is primarily social.

The argument reached a whole new level, however, when Senator Prim himself responded directly to the article, saying: "I plan to keep OD blocked on discord. I intend to use discord for social conversation only. I do not have him blocked on the forum, he can contact me on the forum if he wishes, though I am under no obligation to respond to him."

In response, former Senate Speaker Izzy wrote a scathing column attacking Senator Prim and other reformists. He called on the Senator to resign, and went on to suggest that reformists are seeking their proposed constitutional changes only so that they won't be "held accountable for their behavior as legislators." He claims that the reformists—who other than Prim the former Speaker does not mention by name—want to be "small fish in a large lake" so that their unspecified maneuvers might not be noticed by the Europeian people.

This scathing critique is seemingly aimed directly at not only the sitting Senate but a historic number of Europeians who have reaffirmed a thirst for reform in multiple public opinion polls. Despite historically high levels of public discourse, the Senate has been accused by some of rushing through reforms without proper discussion.

The reform package remains in a first reading on the Senate floor.

##​

Last edited:
I think it's pretty newsworthy that a former Senate Speaker is accusing a massive contingent of the Senate and region of conspiracy.

I think it's pretty newsworthy that a former Senate Speaker is accusing a massive contingent of the Senate and region of conspiracy.
Questioning motivations and providing speculation on those questions is not making accusations of conspiracy. How you arrive at that conclusion is frankly beyond me.

Questioning motivations and providing speculation on those questions is not making accusations of conspiracy. How you arrive at that conclusion is frankly beyond me.

There's reasonable speculation, and then there's irresponsible speculation.

With absolutely zero evidence, suggesting that a large group of people are seeking to push a reform package to secretly avoid accountability is akin to the "speculation" you'd see on InfoWars.

Back