Recent content by HEM

1. HEM

Administrative Update: Festavo/Dionysus

I will say, the behavior that resulted in the ban did not take place within Europeia. That's not to say that people were not affected by it — I remember being a little triggered myself at the time — but just that, to the best of my recollection, nothing was said directly about or toward members...
  2. HEM

[Arnhelm Alt] The Ole Gal Rides On

I appreciate that we have shared many years together. I absolutely wish you the best and am grateful for your contributions and very grateful to have passed time together in a single place for so long. If we never cross paths again, I want you to know that. I have always been one of your...
  3. HEM

[Arnhelm Alt] Frontier Population Growth Revisited

What does the linear model think our population will be in 2520?
  4. HEM

[Arnhelm Alt] Opinion: Kaz Must Go as DEIA

I am just confused about what we're supposed to do with this? The insinuation continues to be that we aren't "hearing McEntire" or aren't doing enough to "assess whether she is right." But plenty of us have given this debate and discussions hours of engagement and discussion. And we just...
  5. HEM

Admin Team Reshuffle

All — I want to share with you some changes with the configuration of our Administrative Team. Last month, Sopo announced that he was taking a step back from Nationstates for the foreseeable future. While he has certainly popped in since then and remains a significant part of our community...
  6. HEM

The problem is that the empathy people have tried to show you is not being returned//shoved back in people's faces.
  7. HEM

You've been clearly insinuating that it's fundamentally unjust you were not returned to the Senate and that nobody is assessing whether you are actually right. At some point, I have to stand up for myself as a voter and as a citizen, because I'm starting to feel like the insinuation is that I...
  8. HEM

In fact, I have assessed whether your behavior was right or not. I assessed that it was not. Which is exactly why I helped turf you out of office by voting against you ever single time your name has appeared on a ballot since. The idea that this electoral consequence is some kind of unique...
  9. HEM

McEntire is an insanely bright person. I have no doubt there are kernels of insight in what she’s saying. But I strongly disagree with the thrust of this article and that’s what motivated my comments here. I had little desire to keep commenting because my points are getting ignored, including...
  10. HEM

I just don’t know the point of saying it’s funny that this died down. Do we want to keep reiterating the same points over and over again? I feel like most of my points are being ignored and the same tired debates are happening over and over. McEntire has made clear she doesn’t want an off ramp...
  11. HEM

I’m happy to pick it up again if you’d like
  12. HEM

Likewise, I'm not going to respond to you line-by-line because we're going in circles. But I do want to respond to this. The DEIA and EIA have faced tremendous public questioning, criticism, and speculation, over the years. And not easy to answer nuts-and-bolts questions, but existential...
  13. HEM

You cite two events that you believe Kazaman should be removed from office over: Firstly, you say he should bear full responsibility for the dispute with The Rejected Realms. You are putting that whole brouhaha — the entire kitchen sink, kitchen, and two-car garage on Kazaman's back. This is...
  14. HEM

Hostility Causes Hostile Takeover

Lots going on in the world — this is a great recap.
  15. HEM

[euro538ia] August 2023 Presidential Liveblog

I would be interested in discussing how much of JayDee's bounce in the polls was (1) the debate or (2) Gem dropping out of the race and endorsing or (3) none of the above? It does seem like JayDee's stock rose throughout the campaign. He was initially third behind Gem, then became the primary...
Back